• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlisle/Helicopters

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
Looking on You Tube it seems that Carlisle have the matchball delivered by Sea King helicopter quite often. I personally think that although it was quite impressive i can't help think that this is a waste of tax payers money. Should the government be giving the Defence Dept money for the RAF to waste on things like this when the Treasury abolish the 10p tax rate at the expense of the poor people of the country. Discuss!

From what Dave told me, you've always been a bit partial to seeing a nice chopper Steve?

I make you right though about the waste of money, but at least it gives the Northern Monkeys something to get excited about.

Steve you *******.

These poor northern tramps have nothing to look forward too in there pitifull lives other than death and taxes and you want to rob them of the chance to see "t bird that flies".

What sort of ****ing sadist are you !!!!!!!

Anyway I heard the copter was used to winch you into the toilet at half time.

Our Armed Forces' helicopter inventory should only be used for royal stag weekends. I demand it!

Looking on You Tube it seems that Carlisle have the matchball delivered by Sea King helicopter quite often. I personally think that although it was quite impressive i can't help think that this is a waste of tax payers money. Should the government be giving the Defence Dept money for the RAF to waste on things like this when the Treasury abolish the 10p tax rate at the expense of the poor people of the country. Discuss!

Spot on.

I pay my taxes safe in the knowledge that next time I am swept out to sea following an afternoons drinking on a novelty li-lo the RAF will be out there to pick me up.

IMO the rich not paying enough tax is the problem that needs solving and I would like to see 40% tax enforced on all income above the threshold with no exceptions.

Last edited:
Spot on.

I pay my taxes safe in the knowledge that next time I am swept out to sea following an afternoons drinking on a novelty li-lo the RAF will be out there to pick me up.

I would also like to see 40% tax enforced on all income above the threshold with no exceptions but that is a different story.

Flat rate of 20% on all income! Why is some income more taxable than others?

IMO the rich not paying enough tax is the problem that needs solving and I would like to see 40% tax enforced on all income above the threshold with no exceptions.
Not fair though. A bloke who earns 40 grand a year already pays double in terms of pounds and pence than a bloke who earns 15 grand. Why should the bloke then have to pay a higher percentage on the higher part of his earnings?

As BAG says why is some income more taxable than others?

Because you need a certain amount of money to live even a basic lifestyle. Beyond a point it is optional on what you spend money on.

So your point is that 'disposable income' should be taxed at a higher rate? I see the logic, but every time I complete my tax return I regard the amount paid for services received highly illogical. However, as I understand it MC, you are in favour of redistribution, so I should not be looking at what I'm getting. Rather, I should be looking on with pride at what the Matthews clan are getting. God bless the Welfare State.

Steve by taking away the 10p threshold then the government should be raking in more from the residents of Carlisle to pay for this entertainment.

Also I am guessing the RAF are using the opportunity as a way of recruiting the young depressed male Cumbrian into a life of service which will allow them to have a closer look at one of the whirly birds, as they drop them off in Afghanistan or Iraq.

So your point is that 'disposable income' should be taxed at a higher rate? I see the logic, but every time I complete my tax return I regard the amount paid for services received highly illogical. However, as I understand it MC, you are in favour of redistribution, so I should not be looking at what I'm getting. Rather, I should be looking on with pride at what the Matthews clan are getting. God bless the Welfare State.

Of course there are people who exploit the system but who is more despicable, someone at the bottom who takes the easy option to provide a better income for themselves and possibly their family or someone who is already wealthy creatively hiding parts of their income out of

a) pure greed

or

b) because they don't feel they are getting 'value for money' from a country that allowed the to become/remain wealthy in the first place?

Last edited:
Of course there are people who exploit the system but who is more despicable, someone at the bottom who takes the easy option to provide a better income for themselves and possibly their family or someone who is already wealthy creatively hiding parts of their income out of pure greed?

Creative evil works for me, as long as it's done with some panache.

Steve by taking away the 10p threshold then the government should be raking in more from the residents of Carlisle to pay for this entertainment.

Also I am guessing the RAF are using the opportunity as a way of recruiting the young depressed male Cumbrian into a life of service which will allow them to have a closer look at one of the whirly birds, as they drop them off in Afghanistan or Iraq.

The RAF are welcome to the wretches. There were no northerners in our regiment let me tell you!

Back