• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlisle - Roll Call and Pub watch :)

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
Alright folks - Just wanted to get a scope on who is going where up at Carlisle for some pre/post match booze. I'm travelling over with a friend, first flying to Glasgow, and then training it down with Mr Glasgow Rich - So would be nice to meet up with everyone travelling up from Essex.

Rich has mentioned the following 3 pubs:

The pub next to Carlisle station is away fan friendly and they do reasonable bar food as well as having Sky and is called The Griffin. Think it's also one for those who like their real ales. It's about a 20 minute walk from here to the ground (or 5 mins in a taxi).

The one I've been going on about near the ground is called The Beehive and is always mobbed both pre & post-match. Some years they're OK with away fans, others they're not.

There is also a Walkabout now in Carlisle city-centre too on the way to the stadium from the station, but then again they usually employ braindead cretins who have no discretion in terms of applying a fair door-policy!

I hear that the coaches probably won't arrive up until around 2pm, so the one closest to the stadium will probably be the best choice due to time constraints perhaps?

Last edited:
Alright folks - Just wanted to get a scope on who is going where up at Carlisle for some pre/post match booze. I'm travelling over with a friend, first flying to Glasgow, and then training it down with Mr Glasgow Rich - So would be nice to meet up with everyone travelling up from Essex.

Rich has mentioned the following 3 pubs:

The pub next to Carlisle station is away fan friendly and they do reasonable bar food as well as having Sky and is called The Griffin. Think it's also one for those who like their real ales. It's about a 20 minute walk from here to the ground (or 5 mins in a taxi).

The one I've been going on about near the ground is called The Beehive and is always mobbed both pre & post-match. Some years they're OK with away fans, others they're not.

There is also a Walkabout now in Carlisle city-centre too on the way to the stadium from the station, but then again they usually employ braindead cretins who have no discretion in terms of applying a fair door-policy!

I hear that the coaches probably won't arrive up until around 2pm, so the one closest to the stadium will probably be the best choice due to time constraints perhaps?
Ant, I will be leaving Strichen at 7am so will see you are the ground, i dont think a pint or 2 will help with the drive home mate

PM me your mobile so we catch up at the game mate

5 of us are travelling up early Saturday morning and will prob head to the Griffin pre-match. Staying over at a premier inn allowing us to sample nightlife carlisle has to offer.

Anyone got a rough idea of the numbers we'll take up??

5 of us are travelling up early Saturday morning and will prob head to the Griffin pre-match. Staying over at a premier inn allowing us to sample nightlife carlisle has to offer.

Anyone got a rough idea of the numbers we'll take up??

I'd say probably somewhere between 400 and 500.
Carlisle "nightlife" - just watch yourself, they hate southerners (that's just the bouncers)!!!

Me, son Ross and Lucky Derek. Not sure if we will get there in time for a pub, prob straight to the ground. We should set up a Shrimperzone Meeting Point in the ground somewhere so everyone who wants to can put faces to names.

Me, son Ross and Lucky Derek. Not sure if we will get there in time for a pub, prob straight to the ground. We should set up a Shrimperzone Meeting Point in the ground somewhere so everyone who wants to can put faces to names.

That's a good idea!
Isn't there, from memory, for want of a better term "a worktop" attached to the wall opposite the bar/snacks kiosk?

How long is the spin down from Strichen mate? Mrs A_S heading down too?

Will send on a PM now

it is about an 11 to 12 hour round trip.......Nope, Mrs AS is having a weekend free of Football.....probably be out with the girls painting the town red.

My ugly mug would scare the beejesus out of you!!

Ah shut your face - bring that pen and i'll make sure you go home to mrs glasgowsufc that evening with a drawn on moustache and sideburns :D

Draw on some hair......that would be more beneficial

AS awaits a punch on the nose from Rich

We're making a weekend of it and taking the Shrimpers trust coach up on Friday morning. Anyone doing the same?

And does anyone know what bars/clubs are there for the Friday night shenannigans after the arduous trip. The coach leaves Roots Hall at 10:30 am so I'd imagine we'll arrive in Carlisle in time for a full night out n then back to the Ibis.

We're making a weekend of it and taking the Shrimpers trust coach up on Friday morning. Anyone doing the same?

And does anyone know what bars/clubs are there for the Friday night shenannigans after the arduous trip. The coach leaves Roots Hall at 10:30 am so I'd imagine we'll arrive in Carlisle in time for a full night out n then back to the Ibis.

As Irish put earlier on in the thread, I reckon Walkabout might be one of your best bets of normality for the Friday night. There were also some fairly cool non-chain bar/club type places near the main shopping part of the city last time I went.

If the buses take as long as they did for the FA Youth Cup game you should be up there for 5.30/6ish (all depends on how busier the roads are seeing as it's a Friday)!

Back