• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
Just back from the trip to Glasgow and Carlisle about an hour ago - Still absolutely buzzing from the result!

First off, I'd like to say it was an absolute pleasure meeting those of you I bumped into and sat beside for the match. You, along with the masses that travelled up, are an absolutely fantastic group of ambassadors for the football club - the singing and the atmosphere generated was brilliant, and was most certainly the best match experience of my life.

So for starters - me and my mate flew from Limerick to Glasgow Prestwick. Freezed our knackers off waiting for a train, then once arriving at the hostel in Glasgow - dumped our bags and hit the pub straight away...what a mistake that turned out to be! Craig had sense and nipped off to bed at 2am, whereas I got talking footie with a few ones in from Newcastle who thought i was a footballer - and of course silly me played along, and we all stayed up drinking until 6am...

Took the train to Carlisle the next morning with Glasgow Rich, and at this stage had thrown up 4 times already - and was feeling quite pikey indeed. Southminster Gary and Aberdeen Dave met us at the station in Carlisle, and we made a beeline for the Griffin pub. The bar held me up for an hour or so, and even the barman was worried i was going to chuck up all over the place. Then Gary 'misunderstood' a joke on my part - and proceeded to buy me a tequila in my horrible state. Happily though - the shot had me feeling good again, and we went to the stadium.

Great performance from the blues - best i've seen from the boys all season, especially the first half. The pitch didn't help our passing football, and we should have scored another with all our dominance in the opening 45 minues, but what a finish from Barney at the end...the place went mental!!! If we continue to play like that - we can beat anyone i reckon. In all the hysteria, i nearly walked out of the stadium without my flag...ran out and luckily there was Dave and Craig taking it down - sorry chaps! Thought Huttons in game commentary at times was very funny, and deserves a mention also!

After parting with everyone - the hangover came back and was in bed by 10:30pm last night...got the late checkout and slept until 1:30pm today...fresh as a daisy and ready for the flight back...Shame the 2 hen parties on the flight gave me the headache right back! :)

Shall be back for the away leg of the playoffs - so looking forward to seeing you all again. Top effort everyone who made the journey again too. Few piccies as follows:

n661591923_832351_6791.jpg

n661591923_832589_4547.jpg

n661591923_832588_3703.jpg

Great effort mate!! You definately chose the right game to head over for. Hopefully the play offs are just as exciting...

Just back from the trip to Glasgow and Carlisle about an hour ago - Still absolutely buzzing from the result!

First off, I'd like to say it was an absolute pleasure meeting those of you I bumped into and sat beside for the match. You, along with the masses that travelled up, are an absolutely fantastic group of ambassadors for the football club - the singing and the atmosphere generated was brilliant, and was most certainly the best match experience of my life.

So for starters - me and my mate flew from Limerick to Glasgow Prestwick. Freezed our knackers off waiting for a train, then once arriving at the hostel in Glasgow - dumped our bags and hit the pub straight away...what a mistake that turned out to be! Craig had sense and nipped off to bed at 2am, whereas I got talking footie with a few ones in from Newcastle who thought i was a footballer - and of course silly me played along, and we all stayed up drinking until 6am...

Took the train to Carlisle the next morning with Glasgow Rich, and at this stage had thrown up 4 times already - and was feeling quite pikey indeed. Southminster Gary and Aberdeen Dave met us at the station in Carlisle, and we made a beeline for the Griffin pub. The bar held me up for an hour or so, and even the barman was worried i was going to chuck up all over the place. Then Gary 'misunderstood' a joke on my part - and proceeded to buy me a tequila in my horrible state. Happily though - the shot had me feeling good again, and we went to the stadium.

Great performance from the blues - best i've seen from the boys all season, especially the first half. The pitch didn't help our passing football, and we should have scored another with all our dominance in the opening 45 minues, but what a finish from Barney at the end...the place went mental!!! If we continue to play like that - we can beat anyone i reckon. In all the hysteria, i nearly walked out of the stadium without my flag...ran out and luckily there was Dave and Craig taking it down - sorry chaps! Thought Huttons in game commentary at times was very funny, and deserves a mention also!

After parting with everyone - the hangover came back and was in bed by 10:30pm last night...got the late checkout and slept until 1:30pm today...fresh as a daisy and ready for the flight back...Shame the 2 hen parties on the flight gave me the headache right back! :)

Shall be back for the away leg of the playoffs - so looking forward to seeing you all again. Top effort everyone who made the journey again too. Few piccies as follows:

n661591923_832351_6791.jpg

n661591923_832589_4547.jpg

n661591923_832588_3703.jpg

Mate, looking at you in the Griffin Pub, you can hardly blame the landlord........No worries abvout the flag, could not leave that now famous flag behind.

Glad you got home ok mate.

n689425473_784241_8427.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent analysis there mate, good effort in coming over & putting up with all the jibes about the Irish "being able to handle their drink".

Also memorable for me in terms of the Virgin Trains ticket guy letting us continue on our way despite you not having the ticket confirmation in your pocket!

Glad you had a safe trip back, maybe see you at Wembley?

Nice photo of Ant in his Saturday pub pose....I think he was like that most of the time....until he had the big build up to the tequila.....

And Ant you missed the bit about the lady with the wandering hands from friday night? :stunned:

Nice photo of Ant in his Saturday pub pose....I think he was like that most of the time....until he had the big build up to the tequila.....

And Ant you missed the bit about the lady with the wandering hands from friday night? :stunned:

ha ha ha ha......the one that just would not take no for an answer!!!!

Thanks for putting that photo up Davey - i feel quite sick just looking at me in that state again!

As for that silly cow that wouldn't leave me alone - have told the missus (She would have seen or heard of it through some means probably, like the trappy one for example) - and she laughed when i said it took an asthma attack to get away from the crazy yoke :D

Still on my stance that im never drinking again btw!

You doing the playoffs Rich? Hypothetically - that would be 6 weeks worth of matches in a row, including a trip to wembley for you wouldnt it? :D

It all depends where we finish.
If we're away for 1st leg I might well do them (if I can secure a pass out, although if I do it might be accompanied with divorce papers), however I'm on holiday in Portugal for the 2nd legs so will be extra gutted if we're away to Carlisle on Friday 16 May for example!
99.9% certain to be at Wembley if I need to be, despite it being my birthday and missing the celebrations for 2nd year running! :unsure:

Those chips were so welcome on Saturday night, can't believe it was going to take 10 minutes to cook onion rings or a curry pancake roll though! :'(

errr, did i buy the chips then? i am sooo lost now....

i thought trappy got em....maybe he was just sober enough to order em cos i werent...

Back