• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Carlisle United vs Southend United 19th September 2020 13:00hrs ko FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Saturday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great thanks mate. I must need my head examining after last week. But maybe with mccormack and akinola we can mix it up a bit.
Based on the pre-match interview I don’t think Akinola will be in the squad. McCormack may be but again it will be based on his fitness levels.

Based on the pre-match interview I don’t think Akinola will be in the squad. McCormack may be but again it will be based on his fitness levels.
Ah ok, worth it tho, to see mccormack get a red card after 5 minutes. ?

Would guess Akinola not registered yet, they need someone to depart.

He isn't match fit yet and most encouragingly MM is insistent that he will not risk him until he is certain that he is ready.

Ah ok, worth it tho, to see mccormack get a red card after 5 minutes. ?

Never understood why people think Macca is a dirty player ... I remember when he first played peopled thought that ...

He's never had 1 straight red card. haha

My ideal lineup today:

Kelman

Green Hutchinson Goodship

Dieng McCormack

Clifford* White Hobson Elvis

Oxley

*Clifford is highly unlikely, although I rate him more than Ralph.

Relatively solid midfield, Hutchinson to provide the support for Charlie and Green/Goodship to stretch the play. I'd also give the wide men the licence to cut back inside and shoot.

Hopefully we can have some more overlapping wing play with Dieng and Mac as deeper cover for the full backs.

Johnny White or McCormack as captain for me.

Do you think the Carlisle fans will be instructed to spend 5 minutes pretending they're away fans?

My ideal lineup today:

Kelman

Green Hutchinson Goodship

Dieng McCormack

Clifford* White Hobson Elvis

Oxley

*Clifford is highly unlikely, although I rate him more than Ralph.

Relatively solid midfield, Hutchinson to provide the support for Charlie and Green/Goodship to stretch the play. I'd also give the wide men the licence to cut back inside and shoot.

Hopefully we can have some more overlapping wing play with Dieng and Mac as deeper cover for the full backs.

Johnny White or McCormack as captain for me.
Read that as Kelman between the sticks at first. To be fair would do a better job than Oxley

I was critical of MMs 4-4-2 system but since the return of Macca in the middle I'm willing to give it a try again. At least for the first half anyway.

Oxley
Elvis White Hobson Clifford
Egbri McCormack Hutch Green
Kelman Goodship

Really hoping we see the return of Clifford today, I rate him way above Ralph.

Also I genuinely thought about dropping Oxley, but I doubt MM is going to do that. But Oxley must at least look like he wants to try today.

I know that it is NOT going to happen but Southend could make history today......

Southend have the opportunity to do a thing that no other football team have done in the 148 years history of football......

If Southend were to win 8-0 or even 9-1 today at Carlisle, they would be the only team ever to go from BOTTOM in the league to TOP in the league with ONE football match.

Mathematically, it is impossible for a team to go from bottom to top in a league with just ONE match, but the unique circumstances that Southend find themselves in, it is possible today, if Southend win 8-0/9-1.

So let's make history?

I know realistically that we are more likely to make history by being the first team to lose 20-0 in a League 2 football match, but we can always hope?

Back