• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Carlisle Utd 2 -0 Southend Utd

We keep talking about how young they are and thrown in and not ready. I accept some are still very young in age and raw with little league experience and overall the average is very young (youngest in our history) but if you are good enough, age really doesn’t matter. It’s used as an excuse when players are not good enough.
And some are of these lads past the teenage development stage, there will always be a late bloomer but generally speaking by early 20s you’re good enough or not for league football.

Philips - 22
Gard - 21
Hobson - 22
Green - 25
Ralph - 27
Goodship - 25
Lennon - 25
Kyprianou - 23
Clifford - 21
Elvis - 21

The truth is, almost every single one of those players aren’t cut out for this right now. Not necessarily playing at this level, but the expectation.

If they were playing sporadically in a decent team which had a positive attitude flowing through the camp, they’d probably flourish.

Amongst various concerns surrounding our club on and off the field is the suspended points deduction hanging over our head. Miss players wages once, be it due to our financial predicament or down to admi istration (our club is an administrative mess, espe ially now the club secretary has gone) and bang... we're on an unassailable - 12. Precarious indeed.

I think it was a 3 rather than 12 point deduction.

I’ve head ( but have no proof) that we are still being deducted points as RM needed to present proof that he could bank role the club and that timeline has been and gone

I don’t doubt that Ron hasn’t presented the necessary evidence but I’m not sure the sanction is a points penalty.

It might be expulsion though:Stunned:

Demi, White, Lennon let’s face it are not world beaters and will make very little difference to a team with 7 that should not be playing in League 2 at the moment. Bring in Salah, Sterling, Van Dyke, Grealish then it would make a difference but to hope that the fragile experienced pro’s will turn it around is not going to happen I’m afraid.......M.M has a totally impossible job on his hands and Ron Martin has destroyed this club with no way out!
Dick Van Dyke presumably? ;-)

Our players don’t move forward with conviction, they don’t close down with conviction, they don’t make runs with conviction.

miles off the pace so far

Back