• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Carlisle Utd 2 -0 Southend Utd

Didn’t watch the game, but I’m going to say It’s Molesleys fault. No wait, it’s Oxley’s fault. Or is it Goodships’s fault? Nah it’s definitely Hutchinson’s fault. But then again, it could be Elvis’ fault.

Who cares about individual blame at this point.

The **** show debacle of coming back to training late, has cost us.

Taking an age to appoint managers, has cost us.

The fact that we’ve had to play kids for the best part of 12-months, has cost us.

The fact that we’re skint, has cost us.

It’s desperately sad to see what’s happened to us, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time, and we’ve not only failed to address the recurring issues, but we’ve actively created more problems for ourselves, by being so ****ing inept.

We’ll need a miracle to survive in this division. How ****ing depressing is that ?

Morecambe currently losing 2-0 at home. Oh well they should be ok next week! :Smile:

We were not even this poor under Sol. So let's ask why? For starters MM is persistent with this 4-4-2 system, which is evidently not working. Way too much expectation and responsibilities on the players.

It's frustrating because some of these players really aren't bad. I saw Gard play very well in a couple games last season, Clifford got player of the month just before lockdown. Kinali started to pull up trees.

These young players drew 4 games in a row, beat lincoln at home and beat Bristol Rovers at home all in the league above.

i agree

Oxley reminded us that he can be a decent GK, and, yes, he should have done better with the 2nd but without him, it would have easily been another 4-0. Elvis doesn't seem to have settled back down, Taylor is still prone to errors of judgement and Hobson worries me massively with his judgement at times too. Only Ralph of the starting back 4 deserving of any credit.

Green and Ralph could be a really exciting pairing on the left, and I thought Egbri had a much better game - their no 8 was lucky to still be on the field after the off the ball incidents with him. Macca showed a calmness and experience, but still a lot of wayward passes, but at least it was nice to see some passing to try and create chances. That'll improve with more match sharpness. Hutch has his back to goal too often, we need to shake up some of the dead balls and not have him taking them all the time. He's going to need to be a bit braver going forward and not always look for a sideways or backwards pass when closed down.

I don't know if Charlie is sulking or what, but if any of those offers are still floating around then I'd be biting their hands off. Looks totally disinterested and disconnected with his supposed strike partner. Goodship tried today but still looks below league standard. If we'd have had a choice over keeping him or Barratt, then I think I'd have kept Barratt on what we've seen so far. I hope he can prove me wrong.

Subs wise, thought Rush was an obvious one just to see if he could create something up top, how we finished with no proven forward on the pitch when we were losing was very odd. I'd have preferred Kinali to start over Egbri as I think he's stronger, same with Phillips in the middle really.

Things WILL improve when some of those injured players come back, and I think if Molesley can adapt to a back 3 and wing backs. My biggest concern at the moment is I can't see where any goals are coming from and Akinola needs to be brought into the squad as soon as we can.

Long journey home, there needs to be some changes as they look as if they're going through the motions at times rather than scrapping for our lives.

Oxley was better today - 7

Ralph did ok - 6

Hobson and Taylor are clearly decent players but swan around as though they have all the time in the world and they don't. They need a rocket up their arse! 4 each.

What on earth has happened to Elvis? Had a bit of a mare, both on and off the ball. 2.

Egbri and Green as wide players were ineffective. Too small, too lightweight. 3 each.

Macca was the most vocal on the pitch, you could see him constantly talking and directing. He always offered an option, something which was very different to last week. Very rusty, clearly, but that will improve. 6

Hutchinson - He did benefit from having a senior player alongside him but is not quick enough. 5

Kelman - So far off the pace it was embarrassing and showed anything but a strikers instinct. 2.

Goodship - 5 - Worked hard but him and Charlie are not a pairing.

The return of the seniors will help defensively a bit but we are totally toothless up top. I cannot see where a goal is coming.

Didn’t watch the game, but I’m going to say It’s Molesleys fault. No wait, it’s Oxley’s fault. Or is it Goodships’s fault? Nah it’s definitely Hutchinson’s fault. But then again, it could be Elvis’ fault.

Who cares about individual blame at this point.

The **** show debacle of coming back to training late, has cost us.

Taking an age to appoint managers, has cost us.

The fact that we’ve had to play kids for the best part of 12-months, has cost us.

The fact that we’re skint, has cost us.

It’s desperately sad to see what’s happened to us, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time, and we’ve not only failed to address the recurring issues, but we’ve actively created more problems for ourselves, by being so ****ing inept.

We’ll need a miracle to survive in this division. How ****ing depressing is that ?
100% spot on. As I have said on another thread, our current issues are all self-inflicted. We have not learnt by previous mistakes and as GBJ mentions we have actually exacerbated them!

We have a very small window of opportunity to turn this around. Make no bones about it unless we can field a team of experienced pro's we are going to carry on being the whipping boys of the division.

F****** woeful!

Bar Oxley .....another embarrassment, as it stands 2-0 wasn’t as bad as it could have been had we played another good team, let’s be honest, they were better than us, but poor IMO, they grew in confidence because we were so bad.

Midfield non existent, lost count how many times we gave the ball away.
Defence, shaky, i was worried every time they came forward, positionally poor.
Forwards couldn’t hold up their trousers, fed on scraps I know but did nothing threatening.

Was optimistic pre season, now I am worried.

I don't get all the raving about Oxley today. Sure he made a couple of saves, aren't goalkeepers meant to do that? I think most people are so used to him having a nightmare these days, the one day he doesn't he becomes superman.

The team were awful today, with the youngsters there was no fight at all, it just meandering about the pitch with nobody taking any responsibility. The old heads that are meant to be coming back are all injury prone at the best of times, of course it would be great if they could all have a period of games jointly but I just can't see that happening.

We are in serious free fall make no mistake about that and I have not a clue how we can change that, with MM's hands tied firmly behind his back

I've now moved to bring back Nile - it really can't be worse can it. While we are at it let's see if grimsby will release Bilel. Nice will offer an outlet upfront to hold the ball up and Bilel is the right amount of crazy we need to ignite something - possibly upfront too as his goal record for a defender from open play is insane

Deeply depressing performance against one of the sides expected to struggle, but who could have had a hatful this afternoon.
Oxley looked at fault for the second goal but made several reflex saves to keep the score respectable by our standards.
In front of him was total disorganisation and chaos. Bwomono, Taylor and Hobson all look horribly prone to individual errors and only Ralph emerged with any credit in the back four.
Serious doubts about McCormack, who gave the ball away many times along with several horribly misplaced passes. Obviously not match fit and needs time but returns to former clubs seldom come off. Hutchinson seems to get a lot of stick on here but there was little movement or effort from the two up front to give him many options. The two wingers had a few bright moments but no end product. There seems very little to build on, a shambolic defence, an overrun midfield and absolutely no threat, movement or effort up front. A long hard winter ahead as it will take more than three or four signings to rescue the situation. Molesley either didn't realise the size of the task when he took the job on or else he has incredible self belief that he can turn this round.

Last edited:
We need to unregistered at least 5 players and send them back to U23, as we need experienced players and our club come first before our young players.
You can't do that, we're stuck with them unless someone comes in for them.

Back