• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlos Tevez

Beefy

Life President
So I was just interested in finding out the ShrimperZone opinion about Carlos Tevez and what happened with him last night.

I'm slightly biased about this because I've got him in a Fantasy Football game and need him to be playing but anyway I'm feeling slightly sympathetic towards him. Mancini's man-management of him this season has been pretty shocking, and he fell out as well last night with Zabaletta and Dzeko, as well as with the likes of Adebayor and Bellamy previously. Tevez has hardly had a look in this year and for me Mancini hasn't managed that situation well. If he doesn't think Tevez is one of his best two then he should have done more to get rid of him in the summer as Tevez was never going to be happy starting one game a month.

Mancini also shouldn't have said what he said in the Press Conference. It's forced the issue but if Aguero gets injured now then Mancini could regret ruling out playing Carlos. I'm no Harry Redknapp fan but Redknapp faced pretty much the same issue a couple of weeks ago when Modric refused to play and now thanks to some good man management that player is back playing at the heart of his team.

It's obvious that Macini has lost the dressingroom, however I agreed that once the 2nd goal went in that De Jong was the right decision. I'm not sure if Tevez was ****ed off with not starting, or not coming on when De Jong came on. Class player but he seems poison really. He didn't answer the question last night when asked why he didn't come on.. and even today his statement is more baffling.

Whilst understanding whilst he might be a bit frustrated with his current situation at the club he is partially responsible for this and I feel he reacted in a totally unacceptable manner by refusing to play.
He let so himself and many other people down and having looked at some of the City message boards they seem to quite understandably have no sympathy with him now.
The statement he issued the morning is a very lame attempt to repair the damage he caused by refusing to do the job he is paid a ludicrous amount of money to do !

Also I find it rather irksome that after five years in this country and with the time and cash he has had avaible to him he can not conduct even a basic interview in English.
Taxi for Tevez………………..

No sympathy whatsoever for Tevez. he's an employee of Manchester City, when the manager asks him to play, he plays. Danny Baker nails it pretty well on Twitter:

If only Tevez could be sacked like a regular person. "You didn't do your job. You don't get another penny from us you ponce. Now **** off"

I agree with Richard T about the language thing as well. No-one is expecting him to be a Ustinov-esque raconteur, but the ability to conduct a basic interview should not be beyond him after all his time in England.

If you look at last night in isolation then this is all about Tevez and what a dick he is. I was livid when Nicky Bailey refused to play for us against Cheltenham and would never forgive him for it.

But I'm not sure you can take last night in isolation. Bailey hadn't handed two transfer requests in and he wasn't being kept at the Club because the Club were asking for silly money for him. He wasn't benched and only turned to for a ten minute cameo here or there. City need to take some element of blame for their poor management of him and for putting themselves into the position where the likes of Tevez are priced out of the market when they try to move them on.

No sympathy whatsoever for Tevez. he's an employee of Manchester City, when the manager asks him to play, he plays. Danny Baker nails it pretty well on Twitter:

If only Tevez could be sacked like a regular person. "You didn't do your job. You don't get another penny from us you ponce. Now **** off"

I reckon Tevez would be more than happy with that. It's City who won't let him leave because they want £50m for him.

I agree with Richard T about the language thing as well. No-one is expecting him to be a Ustinov-esque raconteur, but the ability to conduct a basic interview should not be beyond him after all his time in England.

This language issue is very strange IMO. I read recently that Tevez had been fined for a motoring offence, his defence was that because he couldn't speak English he didn't understand the road signs. :stunned: Now from experience of having people from non EU countries working here I understand that the International Driving Licence is only valid for a year before the driver has to take our driving test. Now presuming Tevez wasn't still using his outdated Int'l licence he must have passed his test which has both a written and visual element.

But to quote Ian Rush "living in Italy was like living in a foreign country" :smile:

I'm sounding like a bit of a Tevez apologist today but I'm not sure how much of the language thing is down to not being bothered. I don't think he's the most well-spoken individual in his native language either. He had next to no schooling.

Either way the driving thing is a bit weird.

If you look at last night in isolation then this is all about Tevez and what a dick he is. I was livid when Nicky Bailey refused to play for us against Cheltenham and would never forgive him for it.

But I'm not sure you can take last night in isolation. Bailey hadn't handed two transfer requests in and he wasn't being kept at the Club because the Club were asking for silly money for him. He wasn't benched and only turned to for a ten minute cameo here or there. City need to take some element of blame for their poor management of him and for putting themselves into the position where the likes of Tevez are priced out of the market when they try to move them on.
valid point, they pay inflated prices in order to price everyone else out of the market and then have negative equity players throughout their squad and need to accept they will make a loss.

If Tevez doesn't like Manchester and misses his kids, maybe he should have considered that before signing a 5 year contract with Manchester City from Manchester United.

Have very little sympathy for Tevez in this, City are well within their rights to let him rot for 3 years but it would probably be best just to cut their losses and ditch him. Either come to an agreement to sell him in January or release him if he waves his contract.

That's just to diffuse the media circus which would have been his return to training tomorrow. Hence the claim that the suspension is for "a maximum of two weeks". It's not his punishment.

I want FIFA to make an example too. Can Citeh end his contract but hold onto his registration? That would **** him over

Back