• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cars you had that should have been s**t

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
So following on from the S**t cars you had thread, I thought I'd go the other way and talk about cars you thought would be s**t but weren't

I had a Fiat 131 Mirafiori 1600CL. Had a chipped piston that knocked like crazy and should have died a death but it took me everywhere, even to Cornwall and back. I loved that car and still love Italian cars to this day.

So following on from the S**t cars you had thread, I thought I'd go the other way and talk about cars you thought would be s**t but weren't

I had a Fiat 131 Mirafiori 1600CL. Had a chipped piston that knocked like crazy and should have died a death but it took me everywhere, even to Cornwall and back. I loved that car and still love Italian cars to this day.[/QUOTE

I had a shocking orange 2 ltr twin cam, twin webers, super mirafiori 131, went like stink but got through more petrol than my 3 ltr Capri had, handled better too.

I had a Fiat 131 Mirafiori 1600CL. Had a chipped piston that knocked like crazy and should have died a death but it took me everywhere, even to Cornwall and back. I loved that car and still love Italian cars to this day.[/QUOTE

I had a shocking orange 2 ltr twin cam, twin webers, super mirafiori 131, went like stink but got through more petrol than my 3 ltr Capri had, handled better too.

Always wanted a 2 ltr Sport, awesome motors with that twin cam with twin 40's bolted on. They did a supercharged model, the 131 Racing Volumetrico, tuned by Abarth on a very limited edition which was a real flyer.

The 131 was based on the 124, which was also an awesome vehicle in the Coupe form. Another car I'd love to own

My 1985 Oldsmobile '98 cost me $800 and never gave me a minute of trouble. I drove it over much of NW Canada and only had to put the cost of some winter tyres and a stereo into it. It was still going strong when I sold it for what I paid after 35,000 miles of magnificence.

I also had a Fiat 131 Mirafiori in racing beige.

Not sure of the model but it was pretty fast and had a world rally champion sticker in the back window.

The only thing that went wrong was the rotor arm in the distributor cap disintegrating but it happened right outside a garage so I purchased a new one and was on my way after ten minutes. My best ever piece of diagnostic mechanics which impressed my passengers no end.

Also a fifteen year old Audi 100 Avant which sailed through every MOT.

Took me all over the place including the second LDV final in Cardiff where I received a speeding ticket for my troubles.

I had a Fiat 124 Special. Beautiful car to drive. The most comfortable car I ever sat in back in the day. Unfortunately, it didn't like our winters, and quickly rusted up.

Back