• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

baldyian

Youth Team
Reports about windfall from PL to league clubs.
Clubs in the second tier of English football will receive an extra £11.2m next season because Sunderland and Birmingham, who made an instant return to the Premier League, will no longer receive parachute payments.
That leaves West Brom, Watford, Sheffield United and Charlton as the four parachute clubs.
Last season's fifth-placed club, Wolves, will receive £1,383,602, with the sixth-placed club, Southampton, receiving around £75,000 less and so it will continue until the club in 13th place, Cardiff, who will receive £775,909.
Clubs finishing 13th and below will all receive that amount.
League One clubs will receive £103,480 each, with £68,987 going to League Two clubs.
Not sure if we will receive the £775k for finishing below 13th in Championship last year of the £100k as a league 1 club.

Either way its some more money for the club although there are strings about spending on youth or community but it may release other funds for players.

i don't think we will see much of that go into the transfer kitty to be honest...

Agreed - any payment would probably go into running the club, although in effect the reduction in costs incurred from this payement would probably free up a bit of cash for transfers anyway.

If it is the 3/4 million figure then that is big news when you consider the League One clubs will only get £100K - for a club our size that amount of money should not be underestimated and I would imagine it would give Tilly a bit more clout when it comes to wages / transfer fees.

If it is the 3/4 million figure then that is big news when you consider the League One clubs will only get £100K - for a club our size that amount of money should not be underestimated and I would imagine it would give Tilly a bit more clout when it comes to wages / transfer fees.

maybe a bit.. for me personally though i would rather the money went into the youth team and really invest for the long term... i think the squad we have at the moment probably has the quality to go up, and if things are dodgy come january then we can dip into the market. lets look at creating a few more Moussa's and have some home grown talent come FF

If its based on positions as of the end of the season then we were still a championship club?
Mind you even if the club only get the £100k then thats £50k more than we got for winning League 1!

According to the reports it's supposed to contribute towards youth development and community schemes, but i highly doubt that will actually be the case for the majority of Clubs, especially below the Championship. That said, I can't see this contributing towards the transfer funds at all...

Back