• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Caster Semenya, Man or Woman?

what is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Caster Semenya won a gold medal, but her gender is now coming under threat!!

So what do you think? is she a man or a woman? Also why and how are the doing this so called "testing".

because it isn't quite so simple... she could well have a complex genetic disorder which means she may have been born a 'woman' but in fact has a male chromosomes, meaning that she never had a female puberty and has a more masculine physique.

It isn't quite so simple as to check to see if she has a big pair of swinging balls. Genetic testing is complex and takes time to do... however the fact that the IAAF spoke about it in public and in the middle of the World Championships is disgraceful

anagrams

Caster Semenya = 'Creates Man Yes'

i rest my case

I totally understand the whole genetics thingy with chromosomes, hormones and garden gnomes and all that caper, but surely if you're a bird, you're a bird, you've got birds equipment, and if you're a geezer you've got geezers equipment.

because it isn't quite so simple... she could well have a complex genetic disorder which means she may have been born a 'woman' but in fact has a male chromosomes, meaning that she never had a female puberty and has a more masculine physique.

It isn't quite so simple as to check to see if she has a big pair of swinging balls. Genetic testing is complex and takes time to do... however the fact that the IAAF spoke about it in public and in the middle of the World Championships is disgraceful

Agree with you 100% plus she may also simply produce high levels of testosterone anyway . As stated you can be physically male and have X X Chromosomes , it is rather bad they have publicly come out and stated it its going to be difficult enough on the athlete

I totally understand the whole genetics thingy with chromosomes, hormones and garden gnomes and all that caper, but surely if you're a bird, you're a bird, you've got birds equipment, and if you're a geezer you've got geezers equipment.

Not even that simple im afraid , women can be born or have wombs removed pre puberty does this make them less female for instance ?, man can have low levels of testosterone under developed genitals , you can also have a differnet concept of what you gender identity is how you or what sex you perceive yourself to be rather then what society sees you as.

The IAAF are looking at if this gives her an unfair advantage , not really her gender identity . Mind you by that criteria maybe they should look at Bolt ;)

Here's something I don't say too often, but... here's a really excellent piece in the Daily Mail which explains why everyone who is jumping to conclusions about Caster Semenya's gender is frankly (a) deeply insensitive; and (b) potentially grossly misinformed.

So, with apologies for my bluntness, it therefore doesn't surprise me at all to see who has started this thread.

:thump:

Hey ho. I'll wait until proper medical tests have been finalised before jumping to a conclusion.

Here's something I don't say too often, but... here's a really excellent piece in the Daily Mail which explains why everyone who is jumping to conclusions about Caster Semenya's gender is frankly (a) deeply insensitive; and (b) potentially grossly misinformed.

So, with apologies for my bluntness, it therefore doesn't surprise me at all to see who has started this thread.

:thump:

Hey ho. I'll wait until proper medical tests have been finalised before jumping to a conclusion.

:stunned::stunned::stunned:

So South Africa's best female runner is possibly a bloke and their best male runner doesn't have any legs.

Strange bunch.

A quick glance between the legs is surely all that's required. Anything else is taking it too far.

And a few questions;

1) Do you leave the toilet seat up after using it?
2) Can you read a map?
3) Can you only do one thing at any one time?
4) Do you hate going shopping?
5) When taking off a jumper. Do you pull it off from behind the neck?

If you answer yes to these then you are a man.

Personally i think the whole story is ******** conceived from rumours and magnified by the tabloids.

So because i started the thread, i'm responsible for the whole story forming?

All i've done is started a discussion thread about a topical news story. The same thing people do day in day out on here.

I have lost a lot of respect for you from that pointless and spitefull dig, therefore please do not interact with me in future. thank you

Back