• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Catering at FF

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I've already posted this on the Feedback on Walsall thread on the Away Travel Board, but thinking about it thought worth wider coverage on this board

The Saddlers club at the Walsall ground is in my opinion, while basic, excellent and just what is required. Two bars one for "Home members only", the other for both home and away for a £1 admission.

This bar, with large screen TV, I would estimate would seat probably 300 in a regimented almost "school dinner style" but this meant there was always plenty of seats even approaching kick off time. Queues at the busy bar never seemed too great.

Hot food was served with an assortment of pies, burgers, sausages, chips, beans, peas etc. served on paper plates with plastic knives and forks, basic but at very reasonable prices. The days special was large yorkshire pudding with sausages, peas and gravy at £3.00 but these were sold out by 1.30. Certainly this is an improvement on what must clubs offer.

All in all a lot could be learned from this club, the Shrimpers could easily be much the same and more important what will happen at FF.

The Question is do want up market or basic?

or

Will we get up market or basic?

Thoughts anyone?

DoDtS

Good idea. STH's get free admission into the bars though, and I suspect the food costs would have to increase due to us being down south.

I'd love to see us do a deal with a brewer at Maldon and have a real ale on tap, or get the Fish House / Square Pie in to do the food. But I can't see that happening or being high on most peoples agenda!

Think most grounds should cater for both ends of the spectrum, with the lower end being for the 'mass' market end. Agree that a franchise type arrangement would work well for that side of things.

Will we get it? Think we'll be lucky to get anything at the moment.

If you want a fine Essex ale, its all about Brewers Gold.

im usually very posotive especially abouth the team and tilly etc but the new stadium is a different matter, ron cant get the money to build the bloody thing, if liverpool cant get the funds for theirs what makes you think we will, really hope Im wrong but arent we supposed to be 'on site' by now

This wasn’t meant to be just another FF will it/won’t happen, there are enough of those flying about anyway.

Be it FF, Roots Hall or a dramatic move back to the Kurzaal, the point I was trying to make was that the catering at Walsall was very good, making a packet and giving the punters what they wanted.

Now lets look at the Shrimpers shall we, no disrespect to the Trust, but all I’m saying is a lot can be learned from Walsall's example.

DoDtS

I personally would like to see a number of franchises allowed to bid for the right to provide catering within the ground to promote a wide range of food for sale at reasonable prices!!

I once had a protracted conversation in the Fish House who told me they had contacted the club about a concession but had had no reply.

If the club could get money spent in the Spread and Fish House spent inside the stadium they would be well placed. Healthty options for me please.

I once had a protracted conversation in the Fish House who told me they had contacted the club about a concession but had had no reply.

If the club could get money spent in the Spread and Fish House spent inside the stadium they would be well placed. Healthty options for me please.

Must be a fair few thousand per match I would think. ;)

Back