• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cavaghn Miley Signs

Heard he was joining Southend last week, he was too good for us and should have moved to a league club.
He's that sort of player who goes quietly about his business, but I think a lot of thought has gone into the signing. He will fit perfectly into the way we're trying to play, sitting in front of the defence and helping with the quick recycle/transition of ball as we play out quickly from the back.

It’s a strong indicator of your dedication to trolling.
But what would I get from that? Am a retired pensioner not some youngun seeking ****s and giggles. Cannot believe I've had to justify myself again, having an opinion you disagree with = troll. Just be an adult.

We seem to have finally realised that the side needs balance! Next season we might actually line up with left-footers on the left and right-footers on the right rather than square pegs in round holes. Not rocket science, is it?
Like our new left footed Mooney who was out on the right when he scored against us? Sometimes a left footed player (the right kind) can be as affective on the right and vice versa.

I have been banging on for so long now, (think I have driven everyone around me in West Stand nuts) that we are one of the big fish in non league football & we should be pinching the best players from the teams we have played and non league football and it looks like that's exactly what the fab 3, Tom, Stan & Stills are doing.

On paper 2 fantastic signings so far & a world away from our usual August capture of aging injury prone left overs no one else wants.

Still pinching myself how much our club has changed in just about every area in the last 6 months ?

I have been banging on for so long now, (think I have driven everyone around me in West Stand nuts) that we are one of the big fish in non league football & we should be pinching the best players from the teams we have played and non league football and it looks like that's exactly what the fab 3, Tom, Stan & Stills are doing.

On paper 2 fantastic signings so far & a world away from our usual August capture of aging injury prone left overs no one else wants.

Still pinching myself how much our club has changed in just about every area in the last 6 months ?
It is a strange feeling that you can feel more positive about your team/club playing non-league football than you did in league 1 or 2

It is nice that we are not getting the usual club clap trap that they will not name there targets so as not to alert other clubs .

And this all started to change when our Stanly C first came back to our club to convince Ron that SUFC needed his help and experience.

And look where we are now, IMO, it all started with Stanley C.

If not, we could always still be under the Phill brown tenure of protecting a 1-0 or 2-0 lead, and then drawing or loosing the game in the NL south or bottom of the NL, if we were very lucky.

NO THANK YOU.
Cheers Stanley C.
Up the blues.

Which means six teams will have better holding midfielders than us this season, so we're seventh before you even consider other positions
However, let’s not lose site of the fact that Eastleigh conceded the 5th most goals during the season and three of lose teams were relegated. My point is that stats can be made to support any argument.

It is a strange feeling that you can feel more positive about your team/club playing non-league football than you did in league 1 or

It is a strange feeling that you can feel more positive about your team/club playing non-league football than you did in league 1 or 2
Not strange at all, the overall picture is far bigger than the league we are in.

Obviously I long for a return to league football along with everyone else on here but our club was rotten to the core for many years & yes ok RM still holds the purse strings but there has been so much positive since the appointment of TL and the fab 3.

I am entitled to my opinion & I very happy with the way my club is going right now when 12 months ago I couldn't see anything other than the total demise of SUFC.

UTB ?

What do Dagenham have to do with it? I'd expect better from a moderator than to constantly peddle this accusation. I don't have to prove my support for this club but surely how long I've been a member of this forum is a strong indicator

I'm also a lot happier with the fourth best holding midfielder though by similar logic he could be displaced by incoming transfers into this division

You sat in the Dagenham supporters end of course you are a fan

The troll is accusing someone of trolling classic

Not strange at all, the overall picture is far bigger than the league we are in.

Obviously I long for a return to league football along with everyone else on here but our club was rotten to the core for many years & yes ok RM still holds the purse strings but there has been so much positive since the appointment of TL and the fab 3.

I am entitled to my opinion & I very happy with the way my club is going right now when 12 months ago I couldn't see anything other than the total demise of SUFC.

UTB ?
I think you misunderstand me. I’m in complete agreement. My point was most would assume you couldn’t be positive when a league club has descended so far and yet……

I don't think I missed your point at all. It's about right now that's why.

After over 50 years supporting the mighty Blues none of us have ever felt so low as the day we were relegated from the football league.

In answer to your point 'no' I wasn't a happy supporter when we were in the league but getting winding up orders, player embargos on a regular basis & having my heart ripped out week after week watching us being beaten by all & sundry.

We are where we are & thankfully over the last few months & after many years of doom & gloom there is a positive vibe & a happy atmosphere both at The Hall & on our away travels.

There's no point in dwelling on the past that's done & dusted it's about the future & right now SUFC appears to stable & moving forward.

None of the above is relevant to my comment on how happy I am with our latest signings & as I am very capable of forming my own opinions (which we are all entitled to) so I will end on that note and carry on dreaming about our return to the football league where we belong and believing the future is bright for my beloved club ?

Last edited:
Back