• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cavaghn Miley Signs

The mgt team have their list of targets who have been extensively watched and researched. You then naturally start at the top with your main targets and work down. I would say signings at this point will have been very much to the top of the list. So very good news.

Of course, there will be other main targets who will want to wait and we will want to wait for. E.g. if we somehow got Lopata it would be later as might targets you are in the sights of attractive EFL clubs. So it’s balance and keeping always a couple of slots and budget open for later.

Nonetheless early business this year I think is a sign that thus far we are landing our targets

I needed to check about Miley. I covered Eastleigh from 2017-20, when he first joined and remembered he was always considered so-so after his step up from the Jersey Combination.

This is what one Spitfires fan said last week: a few more spoke of his 'service' to the club.

"Also a big thanks to Cav, who has been decent for us, coming in as a young kid and forcing his way into the side.
"He's a good solid player, but doesn't really have the quality on the ball that a club at this level needs.
"I suspect he'll drop into the Conf South next season, if the likes of an Aldershot don't come in for him".

Nope. He's signed for Southend United.
I'm rather hoping he's developed since 2020, and this fan doesn't know what he's talking about.

I needed to check about Miley. I covered Eastleigh from 2017-20, when he first joined and remembered he was always considered so-so after his step up from the Jersey Combination.

This is what one Spitfires fan said last week: a few more spoke of his 'service' to the club.

"Also a big thanks to Cav, who has been decent for us, coming in as a young kid and forcing his way into the side.
"He's a good solid player, but doesn't really have the quality on the ball that a club at this level needs.
"I suspect he'll drop into the Conf South next season, if the likes of an Aldershot don't come in for him".

I'm rather hoping he's developed since 2020, and this fan doesn't know what he's talking about.

Doesn't have quality on the ball, normally means someone who can tackle, be in the right area in the first place and crucially happy to receive it in a tight slot when a team mate is under pressure.

As we have seen on this forum there are those who wouldn't have Harrison Neal back at RH....

Whether he knows what he is talking about or not remains to be seen. However, based on my experience of SZ we could finish top next season, gain automatic promotion, and, Cav be voted player of the year but at least one person will come on SZ and claim he is useless!
There is no pleasing everybody, and, if beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, it is especially so in football.
Here is hoping he pleases most of us!

Doesn't have quality on the ball, normally means someone who can tackle, be in the right area in the first place and crucially happy to receive it in a tight slot when a team mate is under pressure.

As we have seen on this forum there are those who wouldn't have Harrison Neal back at RH....
Think it's only wiggy who wouldn't want Neil back,But I still feel wiggy is on the wind up with that one.

I don't know much about Miley. But at the Match for Barks yesterday I watched Timlin and I wondered if that would be a fair comparison?

I do hope we have a midfielder that can turn the momentum in a game with a tackle again.

The mgt team have their list of targets who have been extensively watched and researched. You then naturally start at the top with your main targets and work down. I would say signings at this point will have been very much to the top of the list. So very good news.

Of course, there will be other main targets who will want to wait and we will want to wait for. E.g. if we somehow got Lopata it would be later as might targets you are in the sights of attractive EFL clubs. So it’s balance and keeping always a couple of slots and budget open for later.

Nonetheless early business this year I think is a sign that thus far we are landing our targets
In an ideal world you would hope that any target list, you start at the top and work down. However, that assumes that no other clubs are interested in your targets and are not offering better incentives, wages etc. Also players aren’t going to hang around waiting for the Southend management team to get down to their name on the list, if at all.

In an ideal world you would hope that any target list, you start at the top and work down. However, that assumes that no other clubs are interested in your targets and are not offering better incentives, wages etc. Also players aren’t going to hang around waiting for the Southend management team to get down to their name on the list, if at all.

Yes, you make a couple of good points - perhaps complicated even further by signing players in one area of the pitch & finding it more difficult to get targets to commit in other areas.

It makes the whole process really quite tricky I should think especially with agents trying to exploit opportunities for any player on their books.

Think it's only wiggy who wouldn't want Neil back,But I still feel wiggy is on the wind up with that one.
Unusually I side with Wiggy on this one and I know others who agree. Young Harrison may progress, I hope he does, but for me he needs to. A lot. I certainly did not see what all the hype was about.

Unusually I side with Wiggy on this one and I know others who agree. Young Harrison may progress, I hope he does, but for me he needs to. A lot. I certainly did not see what all the hype was about.
Then we were obviously watching different players. He was the combative, gee 'em up player that we needed, and still do. I'd have him back tomorrow and be grateful if Sheffield Utd let him return. Chances are that a return won't happen, so we will never know which one of us was right (me).

I confess to knowing absolutely nothing about this lad and wasn't at either Eastleigh games either so for me, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table. After all, those that matter have obviously seen enough in him to bring him to the club.

Welcome Cav.

Have a look at the very first chance on the Torquay highlights. Harrison Neal clears it of the line with some excellent work. Then watch it again and keep your eye on Davies.....A great example of who was our best player that day and who was our weakest.

I confess to knowing absolutely nothing about this lad and wasn't at either Eastleigh games either so for me, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table. After all, those that matter have obviously seen enough in him to bring him to the club.

Welcome Cav.
You should know on here many shrimper moaners know much more about the game than the 3 amigos

Then we were obviously watching different players. He was the combative, gee 'em up player that we needed, and still do. I'd have him back tomorrow and be grateful if Sheffield Utd let him return. Chances are that a return won't happen, so we will never know which one of us was right (me).

Have a look at the very first chance on the Torquay highlights. Harrison Neal clears it of the line with some excellent work. Then watch it again and keep your eye on Davies.....A great example of who was our best player that day and who was our weakest.
I hope you are both right. Good luck to the lad. I can't deny he did some good stuff, so did many others, but I did not see a player living up to the reputation built on the Zone. A possible, potential good player but not quite good enough for me at the moment. I hope he fulfills the promise others see in him.

I hope you are both right. Good luck to the lad. I can't deny he did some good stuff, so did many others, but I did not see a player living up to the reputation built on the Zone. A possible, potential good player but not quite good enough for me at the moment. I hope he fulfills the promise others see in him.

Not sure anyone is claiming he will be a Championship star. Our only concern is how effective any loanee is whilst playing for us.

Everyone was disappointed when Brunt went back but as soon I watch Neal play I realised his style of play was going to better for us. Baring in mind the at risk position we were in and the attitude of some previous loanees. I thought Lopata and Neal gave us some backbone and Dennis worked hard to be the man on the spot for those vital goals during the season changing run.

Having briefly met both Neal and Lopata on separate occasions I can tell they definitely enjoyed the challenge and their time playing for us. Well done Ruby he obviously understands you need some character to be a successful loan. It leaves me thinking would the likes of Cardwell have even signed had the corner not been turned.

It seems others like Dan Mooney are now prepared for a 'sideways' move because they expect us to do better and I'm sure we must be much higher up the list of "who to loan your players to" amongst the bigger academies. Which is vital when your are in the NL.

Back