• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cavaghn Miley Signs

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member

Southend United Football Club are delighted to confirm that Cavaghn Miley has become our second signing of the summer after the midfielder agreed a two-year deal with an option in the Club's favour.

Miley joins following the expiry of his contract at fellow Vanarama National League side Eastleigh, where he has spent the past five seasons.

The midfielder joined the Spitfires from Jersey based side, St Pauls in 2017 and went on to make over 175 appearances for Hampshire based Club.

The 27-year-old made 27 appearances for Eastleigh during the 2021/22 season and racked up over 2300 match minutes, which has been a common theme throughout his career.

Cav holding scarf.jpg

Blues boss Kevin Maher said: "Obviously we needed to bring in a few bodies [in midfield]. He’s at a good age and has played 200 games at this level.

"He’ll always put his foot in and work hard and we believe he’ll be a fantastic fit for us.

"He’s tidy on the ball, very competitive and strong, left footed as well like Dan so he gives us the balance. The age he’s at, he’s in his prime which is huge so it’s a signing we’re delighted to have on board."

Miley will officially become a Blues player from 1st July.

Defensive midfielder with lots of experience at this level and a good age (turned 27 last month). From the limited clips I've seen he looks comfortable bringing the ball forward and a decent left foot.

Also, I'm liking these contract lengths of two years with a club option for a 3rd.

This is becoming farcial now, Do the club not realise it is still May and these players should be signing for our rivals leaving us to fish about in the League 2 retirement link come late July.

#Collymoreout
#Stillout
#TheKevalutionout

Im loving this new look Shrimpers, 2 lads at the right age looking to impress.

Sounds like the needed upgrade on Dunne, Ogogo and Atkinson. That’s the position that held us back most until the loan signing of Neal. Absolutely imperative that we got some legs in there with someone who can out of possession close down fast and in possession retain the ball. For those bemoaning the lack of experience he’s get the best part of 200 appearances at this level under the belt and captained Jersey at the age of 21. Has played for England C which shows he’s got the pedigree at this level too.

Also an early contender for most yellow cards for the team next season.

I assume he was less released and more not retained, due to the expiration of his contract and no new deal being agreed.

Would be good to hear more about how the Eastleigh fans rated him though.
I think Lee Bradbury wants to gut the team and start afresh.

Fans forum seem to not be too upset; a few were surprised though.

This could be an astute signing.

With Atkinson, Ogogo & Dunne all leaving, along with Neal’s loan deal finishing, we have no one in there.

Cav is a workhorse, who wins the ball, and gives it to those that can express themselves on it, very much in the mould of Neal. He is a tidy user of the ball, but not really a “string puller” if you like.

Turned down another NL club to sign for us, and wasn’t released by Eastleigh, they wanted to keep him, but Cav wanted to try his luck elsewhere so he let his deal run down.

Another bit of good business, not quite the standout in the way that Mooney is, but another important part of the jigsaw.

Last edited:
Excellent news and more to the point we are for a change one of the first teams out of the blocks to sign players.

I assume he was less released and more not retained, due to the expiration of his contract and no new deal being agreed.

Would be good to hear more about how the Eastleigh fans rated him though.
I had a look on an Eastleigh messageboard the other day and it was only him and San Smart they seemed disappointed to be going.

Defensive midfielder with lots of experience at this level and a good age (turned 27 last month). From the limited clips I've seen he looks comfortable bringing the ball forward and a decent left foot.

Also, I'm liking these contract lengths of two years with a club option for a 3rd.
I **think** it’s a one year deal with a club option of a second year (based on how Dunne’s deal turned out to only be a year long deal)

Southend United Football Club are delighted to confirm that Cavaghn Miley has become our second signing of the summer after the midfielder agreed a two-year deal with an option in the Club's favour.

Miley joins following the expiry of his contract at fellow Vanarama National League side Eastleigh, where he has spent the past five seasons.

The midfielder joined the Spitfires from Jersey based side, St Pauls in 2017 and went on to make over 175 appearances for Hampshire based Club.

The 27-year-old made 27 appearances for Eastleigh during the 2021/22 season and racked up over 2300 match minutes, which has been a common theme throughout his career.

Cav holding scarf.jpg

Blues boss Kevin Maher said: "Obviously we needed to bring in a few bodies [in midfield]. He’s at a good age and has played 200 games at this level.

"He’ll always put his foot in and work hard and we believe he’ll be a fantastic fit for us.

"He’s tidy on the ball, very competitive and strong, left footed as well like Dan so he gives us the balance. The age he’s at, he’s in his prime which is huge so it’s a signing we’re delighted to have on board."

Miley will officially become a Blues player from 1st July.

What game was happening on the pitch when the photo was taken?

Back