• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Celeb deaths that have "affected" you..

MK Shrimper

Striker
As per the Keith Floyd thread.....which celebs have made you shed a tear at their passing?

Mine:

John Peel
Joe Strummer
Kurt Cobain
Richey James (is he dead?)

Last edited:
Linda Smith

Wonderful comedian who had that great line about Neil and Christine Hamilton:

"People talk about giving the Hamiltons the oxygen of publicity; I wouldn't give them the oxygen of oxygen"

Snooker player Paul Hunter as well, him being someone very close to my own age.

Ian Curtis but not in 1980 when he actually died - just understanding all the pain & torment he was facing despite having the world at his feet since getting into the music has made me find out a whole load more about him.

Agree with Richey Manic & Ian Dury too.

From the world of sport, definitely Bobby Robson & Bob Paisley as well as being distraught as a kid when I heard Shanks had died. Fabio Casertelli dying on a mountain descent in the Tour is also a horrible memory and was made even more poignant when the peloton rode as one in tribute to him & then just drifted back respectfully to let his Motorola team-mates cross the line together. Very upset about the passing of Marco Pantani too, another tormented genius!

Last edited:
Ayton Senna

What I'll say about that one is that I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news; there aren't many others about whom I can say that. That was earth-shattering at the time, even though I'm no huge F1 fan.

What I'll say about that one is that I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news; there aren't many others about whom I can say that. That was earth-shattering at the time, even though I'm no huge F1 fan.

I remember clearly hearing about when both Kurt Cobain and John Peel died....moments like that stay with you.

Tommy Cooper (the fact that we had to watch it on tv)

Don't know how reliable my memory is of this but I seem to recall my Dad (who was a fan of Tommy Cooper) ****ing himself laughing as he thought it was part of the act (as did the actual audience in the theatre at the time) then feeling really bad when it was evident what was actually happening

I also thought the death of Father Ted (Dermot Morgan) was very weird as he died the day of the last bit of filming of Series 3.

Back