• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Celebrity spotting

Anna Meares the Aussie cyclist and long time rival to Victoria Pendleton. She spoke at a work thing I was at today then a group of us met her at the airport and had a good chat with her for about half an hour.

Really fascinating to hear from someone who's competed at such a high level of sport. Also fascinating (and a bit embarrassing) to hear of the abusive letters she got from the UK after 2012. For which I felt obliged to apologise for.

A really lovely person and just a real privilege to get the chance to hear from someone like that about their experiences.

Anna Meares the Aussie cyclist and long time rival to Victoria Pendleton. She spoke at a work thing I was at today then a group of us met her at the airport and had a good chat with her for about half an hour.

Really fascinating to hear from someone who's competed at such a high level of sport. Also fascinating (and a bit embarrassing) to hear of the abusive letters she got from the UK after 2012. For which I felt obliged to apologise for.

A really lovely person and just a real privilege to get the chance to hear from someone like that about their experiences.

I heard a radio programme with both VP and AM. Apparently, now they're not competing they're really good friends. The programme itself was also very interesting because they each spoke about certain events from their own perspective. It turned out both were as insecure as each other in their own way, which they used to spur themselves on.

Mark Hamill is filming down Southend Pier today for Jamie Oliver's Friday Night Feast, hopefully my Dad who works there got a picture.

On the Piccadilly Line the other day, I saw a chap with one helluva cauliflower ear. Thought to myself "bets he's a rugby player". Took a proper look and it was none other than 2003 World Cup winner Jason Leonard.

He would probably be best described as 'a unit'.

I heard a radio programme with both VP and AM. Apparently, now they're not competing they're really good friends. The programme itself was also very interesting because they each spoke about certain events from their own perspective. It turned out both were as insecure as each other in their own way, which they used to spur themselves on.

Yes, she spoke about how the rivalry between them when competing meant they genuinely and strongly disliked each other. However she reflected that now she's retired she sees that the rivalry was such a vital part of her career and that it spurred both of them on to far greater things than would have been possible without it.

Colleague of mine just spotted Heavyweight Champion Of The World Anthony Joshua at MK Station.

Harriet Muncaster, kids author of Isadora Moon and others at a book signing at Waddesdon Manor.

On the Piccadilly Line the other day, I saw a chap with one helluva cauliflower ear. Thought to myself "bets he's a rugby player". Took a proper look and it was none other than 2003 World Cup winner Jason Leonard.

He would probably be best described as 'a unit'.

A good few years ago I went to Twickenham and through a friend with the morals of an alley cat ended up in the best seats in the house, next to Dean Richards wife. During the second half both Lawrence Deallio (sp) and Martin Johnson came over to say hello to Mr Richards. It was like being in the land of giants. Johnson has a head the size of a medicine ball and hands like JCB buckets. I'm over 6 foot and felt like a midget in their presence. I bet he never got much grief as a copper.

A good few years ago I went to Twickenham and through a friend with the morals of an alley cat ended up in the best seats in the house, next to Dean Richards wife. During the second half both Lawrence Deallio (sp) and Martin Johnson came over to say hello to Mr Richards. It was like being in the land of giants. Johnson has a head the size of a medicine ball and hands like JCB buckets. I'm over 6 foot and felt like a midget in their presence. I bet he never got much grief as a copper.

Had he ever been one I suspect not. Dean Richards on the other hand was one - as were Martin Bayfield and Wade Dooley in a similar era to Richards.

Whereas our Scott Houghton on the other hand must make Inspector Frost look like the BFG

Had he ever been one I suspect not. Dean Richards on the other hand was one - as were Martin Bayfield and Wade Dooley in a similar era to Richards.

Whereas our Scott Houghton on the other hand must make Inspector Frost look like the BFG

Life and learn. I must be mixing him up with someone else. I remember him dripping sweat all over me as he had just come off the pitch. It seemed prudent not to mention it to him at the time.

Robbie Gee at Stratford station, must admit I had to goggle his name as I just knew him as that bloke from Desmonds, Snatch and Linton Alexander in Dream team

Colleague of mine just sat next to and chatted to Jason Isaacs.....and doesn't listen to Wittertainment. :facepalm:

Very nice & talkative chap appararently.

Back