• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Celebrity spotting

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
At the risk of being even more low-brow than usual, I'm kicking off a thread where SZers can post their celebrity spots. This must involve spotting famous(ish) people in something other than their usual milieu - seeing Robin van Persie at the Emirates Stadium would not count, seeing Robin van Persie down Tesco would.

I'll be minded to give rep for particularly low-rent ones. I saw BBC London weatherman Peter Cockcroft at Baker Street tube a couple of weeks ago, which I think is remarkably unimpressive.

Anyway, to kick things off from earlier today:

Chris Kamara in our staff canteen.

Oh lots, but a good one to start is I used to have a beer on several occasions with the legend that was George Best in the Castle pub on the seafront...his ex wife Angie has family close to there.

Does that count as spotting?

I see Ian Hislop all the time in Cranbrook; he lives round the corner.

I also saw Jayne Torvill in Pizza Express in Tunbridge Wells a few weeks ago.

Oh lots, but a good one to start is I used to have a beer on several occasions with the legend that was George Best in the Castle pub on the seafront...his ex wife Angie has family close to there.

I saw him a few times in Southend. Once watching us play; another time down my road buying a paper. I also spotted him drinking in the pub near the hospital in Kensington.

A good start; let's try to keep them current-ish though. Think of the celeb spotting as starting from...........

NOW

(or at least the last week or so)

I saw Gazza buying a newspaper in Canary Wharf last Thursday. He looked absolutely dreadful, despite his claims in the media to have been off the booze for the last year.

At the risk of being even more low-brown than usual, I'm kicking off a thread where SZers can post their celebrity spots. This must involve spotting famous(ish) people in something other than their usual milieu - seeing Robin van Persie at the Emirates Stadium would not count, seeing Robin van Persie down Tesco would.

I'll be minded to give rep for particularly low-rent ones. I saw BBC London weatherman Peter Cockcroft at Baker Street tube a couple of weeks ago, which I think is remarkably unimpressive.

Does that count as spotting?

:nope::cricko:

This week i saw the new cast of Celebrity Apprentice (Donald Trump Version) working in a sandwich shop, recognised Dee Snyder and Debbie Gibson, that was about it.

Can't do this last week, but saw Tommy Walsh in Spitalfields Market last year however, a friend of ours saw Marco Pierre White getting off the train at Chalkwell last week.

Mark Wright (The Only Way is Essex) at the Cleverly / Bellew fight last weekend in Liverpool

John Barnes walking down Weston Street (Near London Bridge)

Nick Knowles at Euston Station a while back

Rowen Atkinson at a Mini show in Suffolk back in July

Lee Evans as he stormed out of the BP garage shop on the A127 in Basildon and very nearly took me clean out with the door. Did get an apology though :D

Which one of those is the least worthy I leave up to you lot.

John Barnes walking down Weston Street (Near London Bridge)

I hope you reminded him the reason he is not in football management at the moment is because he is ****ing **** at it and not because he is black

This line can also be used on Paul (not so much a chip, more a potato field on his shoulder) Ince

At the risk of being even more low-brown than usual, I'm kicking off a thread where SZers can post their celebrity spots. This must involve spotting famous(ish) people in something other than their usual milieu - seeing Robin van Persie at the Emirates Stadium would not count, seeing Robin van Persie down Tesco would.

To be honest I nearly walked past without a second glance as I was so tired

Back