• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My son went to the same day nursery (The Stables, Galleywood) as Nasser Hussain's son. When my son was about three I was watching England vs South Africa on the TV and up popped Nasser and my son shouted "Jacob's daddy"

Haha - That's quality!!

That **** was on his phone coming out of Essex CCC when I was going for a net and he nearly ploughed his car into ours. :omg:

Sir Paul McCartney sang happy birthday to me a few years back when I worked at Southend airport.

Sir Paul McCartney sang happy birthday to me a few years back when I worked at Southend airport.

The whole of the studio crew, kids and presenters of SM:tv sang Happy Birthday to me on my 40th birthday :)

I've had a kiss on the cheek from Dec, and, as famously quoted on here before, I followed after Cat Deeley in the loo cubicle!

Met loads of people at SM:tv, they were happy days.

As several of you probably remember, my aunt is step mum to Pete Townshend's girlfriend (and I'm not rising to any Townshend baiting).

Kev also has two famous cousins, one of whom is Charlton's captain, and the other is lead singer of The Rifles. Going back a generation in his family though are loads of top Top Trumps!

Played a celeb golf day once and Dave Boy Green was in our four ball. Very rough and ready character, he was from a small village in Cambridgeshire and once fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the World Title. He said just him and his mate went over to sign for the fight while Leonard had TV Cameras there and an entourage of about 50 people. Dave lost in 4 rounds. Nice bloke.

Shook hands and chatted with Rob Newman (Mary Whitehouse Experience) when he did an impromptu gig somewhere. Saw Terry Waite at Liverpool St station, Collina at Frankfurt airport (in a hurry, no to a photograph). Chatted to the luvverly Kate Walsh a few times (but she's not a celebrity in anyone's eyes but a magnificent musician). Met (briefly) the long jump bloke who won gold when he opened NR offices.

That's about it I think.

Oh and was on a tour bus in NZ with some old girl who (apparently) was a regular in Aussie soap Home & Away. No idea.

Played a celeb golf day once and Dave Boy Green was in our four ball. Very rough and ready character, he was from a small village in Cambridgeshire and once fought Sugar Ray Leonard for the World Title. He said just him and his mate went over to sign for the fight while Leonard had TV Cameras there and an entourage of about 50 people. Dave lost in 4 rounds. Nice bloke.

From Chatteris IIRC
Wasn't he known as the Fen Tiger or similar?
He was one of my favourites (along with Charlie Magri) when I used to follow boxing a bit

Shared the shuttle train at stansted airport with Teddy Sherringham

Firestorm said:
From Chatteris IIRC
He was one of my favourites (along with Charlie Magri) when I used to follow boxing a bit
Yep, you're right on that. I remember watching that fight, must have been about 13 or 14 I suppose. Should never have been in the ring with SRL, and got knocked spark out in the 4th. IIRC he was out cold before he hit the canvas.

SRL vs DBG

Yep, you're right on that. I remember watching that fight, must have been about 13 or 14 I suppose. Should never have been in the ring with SRL, and got knocked spark out in the 4th. IIRC he was out cold before he hit the canvas.

SRL vs DBG

He was also iced by Carlos Palomino, who had previosuly taken the World Title off of John H. Stracey, in his first World Title challenge. He did hold his own in that fight and was KO's late on. However, prior to fighting Sugar Ray Leonard he had been KO'd early on by a Dane in a Euopean Title fight. Dave 'Boy' Green did have a bit of a glass-jaw.

I 've just come back from holiday in Turkey & 2 (sort of) semi famous people were staying at the same place for the same week.

I got beaten in the table tennis final by Burnley + Welsh Int'l Brian Stock ...( although he did admit he has his own table tennis table in his triple garage at home) + also shared a few drinks with ex Deep Purple lead singer Joe Lynn Turner ( i'll be honest i'd never heard of him but his girlfriend , around 40 years younger than him , was totally drop dead gorgeous )

Now i realise in this game i have started with the equivalent of an old Mini Metro in Top Trumps Supercars .... but hopefully this will encourage all Shrimperzoners to trump the celebrity ( shouldnt be too difficult !!!) .... whether its recent or old.

:smile::smile:

And there was me thinking this was going to be about celebrity flatulence.

I've verbally abused Cally from Grange Hill when we were both at the same party. (I think she was still in it at the time.)

I filled my car up alongside Stan Collymore on the A127 when he was playing for us.

I spent an entire night on holiday in a bar with a couple of friends talking to Peter Taylor. This was a couple of years after he had been sacked as our manager. Blimey did we get some great info from him. He had also just been to Chris Powell's wedding and told us that Phil Gridlet, Ricky Otto et al apologised to him for "not trying" after Barry Fry left.

Not me, but my dad gave Paul Clark a lift to an away game once, I believe when we were so skint we couldn't afford a coach.

As teenagers me and a couple of friends spent the afternoon at MP Grant Schapps' house organising a weekend for the youth group we were all part of. His room was pretty cool. The walls were basically plain and everyone who entered was asked to sign their name. He also had a couple fake legs hanging from the ceiling as if someone had fallen through from the loft. (Even in those days he said his ambition was to be prime minister.)

From Chatteris IIRC

Dave "Boy" Green The Fenland Tiger.

He wasnt much good at counting his score on the golf course, but I wasn't saying anything.

Oh yeah, THINK I was at a house party with Riiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyy (Sid Owen) before he was famous.

Passed John Hannah in Richmond the other day and all I could think of discussing with him was how bad his acting was as Batiatus in Spartacus. Thankfully, talking to random strangers, even those with famous faces, is still a bit weird so he was spared my critique and he slept well that night.

And I remember quite literally bumping into and off of Russell Grant at the Ideal Home Exhibition or something similar about, ahem, 30 years ago. Went back to him a couple of minutes later and asked "Where have I seen you before?" To his credit, he answered, "Back there when you bumped into me." Damn psychics, he knew I was going to ask him that!

I saw Ian McDiarmid at Oxford train station a few years back. No-one bothered him.

Oh

and I regularly see Ian Hislop it's boring now.

Back