• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I used to organise the presentation evening for my son's youth football club. Back in those days you could get cleb and ex footballers to come along without paying a fortune. So I met - Pat Jennings - A gent, Alan Smith (Arsenal version) - not much personality, Ronnie O'Sullivan - Good geezer, Neville Southall - not my favourite celb come over as a bit of a knob, Phil Tufnell - just like he is on the telly lovely fella and Jim from EastEnders - lovely bloke - normally the U16s tend to play the celeb up trying to look disinterested, but they loved Jim.

It had to stop though, when we got to the stage that a Britain's got talent finalist wanted £1,000. You can't justify that expenditure when your subs come from the player's parents

Also met Fergal Sharkey

Met Billy Murrey twice while he was collecting the remains of the cars his daughter kept crashing. Total tosser.

My brother in law bumped into David Essex outside a theatre in London years ago and sat him flat on his arse.

Met Billy Murrey twice while he was collecting the remains of the cars his daughter kept crashing. Total tosser.

My brother in law bumped into David Essex outside a theatre in London years ago and sat him flat on his arse.

Some people you just know are goint to be ****s.

I found him dislikeable in Ghostbusters.

Meet Kevin Rowlands from Dexy Midnight Runners by Smithfield Market a couple of years back, what a lovely bloke, happy to chat and talk about music especially my favourite album from my youth
" Searching for the young soul rebel" ,they say be prepared to be disappointed when you meet a hero from the past years, have to admit he exceeded all expectations and more

I have no idea if it's already in this thread, but I met Rob Newman (of Mary Whitehouse Experience) is a danky comedy club many, many moon ago. I remember big hands and lots of hair, nice chap though.

I have no idea if it's already in this thread, but I met Rob Newman (of Mary Whitehouse Experience) is a danky comedy club many, many moon ago. I remember big hands and lots of hair, nice chap though.
He toured the States but refused to get internal flights due to carbon footprint and traveled by Greyhound buses. That's why we didn't see him for years.

Going back a bit here..... The family were big scrambling fans back in the 60's and at an event over in Hadleigh, we bumped into Lee Marvin :Stunned: Had a couple of heavies with him but took the time to have a little chat - still got his autograph up in the loft somewhere. Probably about the time he was over filming The Dirty Dozen but not too sure about that.

For anyone who’s remotely interested in boxing, I’ve met a few faces; Evander Holyfield (very briefly), Lennox Lewis, both Hattons, Bernard Hopkins, Peter Manfredo Jr, Jeff Lacy, Enzo Mac, Tyson Fury, Shannon Briggs, Billy Joe Saunders.

I sat a couple rows behind Lloyd Honeyghan at an event once, but didn’t get a chance to speak to him. Been in similar situations with Marco Antonio Barrera, Joe Calzaghe, Erik Morales & Oscar De La Hoya.

One thing that will forever bug me, is missing Mike Tyson in a particular Las Vegas bar. A small group of us had been in this bar for a good while. Not sure what time it was, but a few had decided to head off somewhere else, me included.

Imagine my disappointment at meeting up with those of them that didn’t leave, the next day, only to find out that about 15 minutes after we left, Tyson came in, and was out of his box, talking **** & being a general menace.

This was 2008, so around the time when Tyson had put on the weight, got the face tattoo, & was walking around clutching a carrier bag full of Peruvian goodness, with a drinking straw rammed into it, for the ultimate, on-the-go snorting.

I’ve seen a load of A-list stars* at fights, but never got the chance to speak to them.

*and I do mean A-list: Jack Nicholson, Stallone, Bruce Willis, Pitt & Jolie, Will Ferrell, Denzel

Going back a bit here..... The family were big scrambling fans back in the 60's and at an event over in Hadleigh, we bumped into Lee Marvin :Stunned: Had a couple of heavies with him but took the time to have a little chat - still got his autograph up in the loft somewhere. Probably about the time he was over filming The Dirty Dozen but not too sure about that.
did he look hungry?

For anyone who’s remotely interested in boxing, I’ve met a few faces; Evander Holyfield (very briefly), Lennox Lewis, both Hattons, Bernard Hopkins, Peter Manfredo Jr, Jeff Lacy, Enzo Mac, Tyson Fury, Shannon Briggs, Billy Joe Saunders.

I sat a couple rows behind Lloyd Honeyghan at an event once, but didn’t get a chance to speak to him. Been in similar situations with Marco Antonio Barrera, Joe Calzaghe, Erik Morales & Oscar De La Hoya.

One thing that will forever bug me, is missing Mike Tyson in a particular Las Vegas bar. A small group of us had been in this bar for a good while. Not sure what time it was, but a few had decided to head off somewhere else, me included.

Imagine my disappointment at meeting up with those of them that didn’t leave, the next day, only to find out that about 15 minutes after we left, Tyson came in, and was out of his box, talking **** & being a general menace.

This was 2008, so around the time when Tyson had put on the weight, got the face tattoo, & was walking around clutching a carrier bag full of Peruvian goodness, with a drinking straw rammed into it, for the ultimate, on-the-go snorting.

I’ve seen a load of A-list stars* at fights, but never got the chance to speak to them.

*and I do mean A-list: Jack Nicholson, Stallone, Bruce Willis, Pitt & Jolie, Will Ferrell, Denzel
I met Muhammad Ali and Tim Witherspoon. In Basildon of all places, would you believe.

Stanley Matthews - signing autographs in Southend
Loads of other sportspeople, Alan Kennedy was the nicest. John Motson is a raging alkie. Nasser is a bit of a prick, Peter Such is decent, though, as is Pringle, and Gus Fraser, and Clive Lloyd. Martin Bayfield is massive but a good laugh. Dallaglio is a bit of a poser.
Norman Watt-Roy is how you imagine him.

Back