• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
I 've just come back from holiday in Turkey & 2 (sort of) semi famous people were staying at the same place for the same week.

I got beaten in the table tennis final by Burnley + Welsh Int'l Brian Stock ...( although he did admit he has his own table tennis table in his triple garage at home) + also shared a few drinks with ex Deep Purple lead singer Joe Lynn Turner ( i'll be honest i'd never heard of him but his girlfriend , around 40 years younger than him , was totally drop dead gorgeous )

Now i realise in this game i have started with the equivalent of an old Mini Metro in Top Trumps Supercars .... but hopefully this will encourage all Shrimperzoners to trump the celebrity ( shouldnt be too difficult !!!) .... whether its recent or old.

:smile::smile:

I carried Maureen Lipmans bags up the steps at Liverpool Street station last week,and she said thank you

Pretty poor score on Top trumps on all headings :smile:

Had beers with Matty Prior out in Sydney after the last Ashes Win, he has a couple of close pals in the Barmy Army.

Also had chats down the years with Paul Collingwood (Cape Town, last March), Sir Stan Collymore (Euro 2004), Darren Gough (V Festival when he was an Essex player).

Mrs BB and I have had lunch with Richard Branson, and the UK Ambassador to South Africa (Paul Boateng), and we paid.

I think I win, you can close the thread now :winking:

Saw Richard Ayoade in London once and he looked pretty shocked to be recognised.

A few months ago when I got the train up to Liverpool, saw John Barnes getting on as I was getting off but didn't really have enough time to ask for a photo.

Saw Richard Ayoade in London once and he looked pretty shocked to be recognised.

A few months ago when I got the train up to Liverpool, saw John Barnes getting on as I was getting off but didn't really have enough time to ask for a photo.

Never heard of him. So on that basis Lord Football probably has him on his Deadpool list.

Once shared a jacuzzi and steam room with Darren Gough, in Virgin Active in Chelmsford, also chatted to Ayrton Senna and got his autograph! Oh and chatted to Tom from Mcfly at V and Liam from One Direction (with my daughter,but he did shake my hand).

Billericay Town held an ex - player vs Celebrity match to show off their brand new floodlights at New Lodge. Must have been donkeys years ago coz it was at that time when The Goodies were to me the best thing in the world. Bill Oddie was playing and at the final whistle i sprinted onto the pitch with the pure intention of getting my favourite Goodies' autograph. But in my haste i actually crashed into Elton John ( complete with comedy specs ) who was also playing and we both fell to the floor in a heep. He called me a F****** W***** which i thought was quite shocking to a 10 year old, but i was helped to my feet by a smiling Kenny Lynch.
Happy ending though , i did get Bill Oddie's signature :smiles:

Once shared a jacuzzi and steam room with Darren Gough, in Virgin Active in Chelmsford, also chatted to Ayrton Senna and got his autograph! Oh and chatted to Tom from Mcfly at V and Liam from One Direction (with my daughter,but he did shake my hand).

That is one busy jacuzzi! :winking:

Never heard of him. So on that basis Lord Football probably has him on his Deadpool list.

RAM is memory.

I saw and heard Simon Cowell drop his guts rather loudly once and boy did it smell. That was a celebrity top trump.

I am friends with Graham Gooch, one of the more successful Essex and English cricketers.

Back