• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As S4E said, he played 2 mins - it's not as though he had any bearing on the outcome of the match. Celtic were well and truly shafted, to reinstate them is a mockery.

For a team to be playing at that level and not get it right they don't deserve to stay in. Having said that, the bloke was banned for three games. The thing they did wrong was not register him for two of those games as they knew he couldn't play so as far as he was concerned he missed three games. But because he wasn't registered not to be able to play, two of those games didnt count, so in effect he only served a one game ban.

Does seem a bit harsh. Still, as an acquaintance of mine just said "****ing **** faced jocks will lose in the next round anyway"

Celtic and Rangers are the most tedious part of football. Everything to do with them bores me. The teams, the fans, the rivalry, the league, everything.

Glad to get that off my chest :smile:

For a team to be playing at that level and not get it right they don't deserve to stay in. Having said that, the bloke was banned for three games. The thing they did wrong was not register him for two of those games as they knew he couldn't play so as far as he was concerned he missed three games. But because he wasn't registered not to be able to play, two of those games didnt count, so in effect he only served a one game ban.

Does seem a bit harsh. Still, as an acquaintance of mine just said "****ing **** faced jocks will lose in the next round anyway"

Indeed. It seems that they knew he was banned, and therefore didn't register him because they knew he couldn't play. The mistake they made was that they should have registered him, and then not played him.

It seems particularly harsh to me. However, the opposite argument is that, had he been registered and not played (i.e. the situation was dealt with correctly) then they would have had one less player to choose from in those matches. However, this still seems to me to be very harsh.

I expect they'll appeal. It will be interesting to see what happens.

**** load of chance an appeal will do...

Didn't know about the non-registering element. i am sure more will come out on this.

It is harsh BUT the guy was on a ban.
How stupid and expensive.
Lucky Celtic, wholly undeserved; and now their season isn't over quite yet.

Back