• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fearful of becoming Cian Bolger's one man defence committee, what exactly do people expect from him??

He shouldn't be playing long balls?
He shouldn't be taking the ball down and playing it?

WTF is he supposed to do with the ball then?

Medium balls ?:smile:

I do think he has mistakes in him, but he has room to develop. Prosser doesnt offer for me an improvement and I think the left footed thing plays some part in the choice.

I think over the season they will all get a chance though.

Don't think Barrett will be up to filling in until Thompson is fit to play alongside our best CH Bolger.Agreed Bolger,s long passes sometimes go astray,but he is the only one with the trusted ability to make them(and Leonard).Let,s all pray that we don't have to see Plodder again.

Don't think Barrett will be up to filling in until Thompson is fit to play alongside our best CH Bolger.Agreed Bolger,s long passes sometimes go astray,but he is the only one with the trusted ability to make them(and Leonard).Let,s all pray that we don't have to see Plodder again.

Plodder? What the hell you on about?

Fearful of becoming Cian Bolger's one man defence committee, what exactly do people expect from him??

He shouldn't be playing long balls?
He shouldn't be taking the ball down and playing it?

WTF is he supposed to do with the ball then?

No, I get you. And I think there's a place for a Prosser or a Bolger in a team - the only thing is that Bolger makes Prosser look comfortable on the ball! I agree with others that he should stick to what he's good at and 'get rid'. If he starts bringing it down and playing passes, he'll cost us goals.

When Thompson arrived at Roots Hall lots of people really rated him, not so much now? What does he need, to play with Barrett to get better? He seemed technically fairly good the times I saw him.

When Thompson arrived at Roots Hall lots of people really rated him, not so much now? What does he need, to play with Barrett to get better? He seemed technically fairly good the times I saw him.
Think Thompson is one of those for whom promotion was unfortunate, another season in League 2 probably would have had him as one of the starting 2 or the first choice reserve, and he could have developed a lot more as he did last season. In League 1 I think we'll be looking at loanees should Bolger or Barrett get injured.

Thompson being out injured is probably what's done for him. I've not been his biggest fan but being in a higher league may help him

And I believe there was a clause in the proposed new contract to do with injury which may have something to do with why he's not signed yet.

As for Bolger, I think he's picked a couple of excellent long range passes, both to Weston and to Worrall. I'm more than happy for him to continue trying to!

Bolger and Barrett for me too.

I still think one of Prosser and Tommo wont be here this season and welll get another CB.

I think you are correct; if Tommo is fit he is more likely to make the bench than Luke; one may go out on loan when we have the 4 CBs fit/not suspended.

Back