• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Centre-halves

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
So Ridgewell gone, Lennon relegated to the u23s, Milligan and Kiernan dropped and Shaugnessy out for a month.

How close to a return is John White?

Otherwise we might struggle to play 5-3-2!

Richard Taylor might get a game. He’s excellent by the way, giving him some game time this season could be the best thing we do in preparation for next.

Richard Taylor might get a game. He’s excellent by the way, giving him some game time this season could be the best thing we do in preparation for next.

Would definitely expect him to play now v Wimbledon in the tinpot cup.

When I saw him pre-season he looked very raw, so encouraging if he has developed since then.

Kyps also injured

Do we know how close he is to returning?

I certainly would expect Taylor to play tomorrow now. Hopefully Harry Kyp isn't a million miles away, I believe I heard he'd be back in training December.

I have not seen Taylor - any reviews anyone?

The sort of player you’d ask to man mark someone - not the sort you’d want in possession of the football.

Good size, good physicality, good attitude. Not a great footballer and lots to learn.

Defending is hard for young players. It’s basically a combination of decision making, positioning and communication....all of those things come with experience

I certainly would expect Taylor to play tomorrow now. Hopefully Harry Kyp isn't a million miles away, I believe I heard he'd be back in training December.

What was his injury? He’s been out for what seems like forever.

Ruptured achilles.

Happened about this time last year.

Yep, at the match at Wimbledon last year. We stayed to catch up with Anthony Wordsworth afterwards and he said that several of those closest to him heard it go - made a nasty snapping sound apparently.

I’m assuming Lennon will be back in contention for Oxford. Sol has made his point. We’ve overloaded on injury prone, “experienced” players and it’s backfired. Yes give Taylor a start tomorrow, why not? But let’s not rush him like we did with Kelman and Hutchinson just through lack of options. Putting these young players in the firing line at the present time worries me in terms of long term effect on their confidence. I’m sure Sol is already making a shortlist of players to hopefully bring in ..

I’m assuming Lennon will be back in contention for Oxford. Sol has made his point. We’ve overloaded on injury prone, “experienced” players and it’s backfired. Yes give Taylor a start tomorrow, why not? But let’s not rush him like we did with Kelman and Hutchinson just through lack of options. Putting these young players in the firing line at the present time worries me in terms of long term effect on their confidence. I’m sure Sol is already making a shortlist of players to hopefully bring in ..

In not sure Kelman or Hutchinson appear to be struggling from being thrown in too early. Quite the opposite from what I’ve seen.

In not sure Kelman or Hutchinson appear to be struggling from being thrown in too early. Quite the opposite from what I’ve seen.
You’re right they’ve done well. But had we had a fully fit squad they’d have no doubt been used more sparingly. People should remember that when giving it to Hutch both barrels. I think he’s done great given that we’re struggling.

So Ridgewell gone, Lennon relegated to the u23s, Milligan and Kiernan dropped and Shaugnessy out for a month.

How close to a return is John White?

Otherwise we might struggle to play 5-3-2!

Clearly Wells Fargo is running slow to reach Hampshire today....has he gone gone, released, seeking Lord Lucan ....:Unsure:

Back