• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
I see that he has stated he is emotially involved with Millwall and working out his notice with Southend and was upset when the Blues recently beat his new employer 3:1.

So it begs the question if he is not fully commited to Southend then why doesnt Ron release him now and get a new CEO in.This situation cant help the problems on the pitch

Plus, we have a recruitment process to go through I imagine? Finding someone at CEO level isn't as easy as putting an ad up on Indeed and having the new guy start a couple of weeks after.

Finding someone stupid enough to take the role on will be the biggest challenge.

Personally don't see an issue with this. He has a notice period to serve the same as any other job. I'm sure it was probably said slightly tongue in cheek as well.

It works both ways. I saw the Millwall manager, Neil Harris, at our Play-Off Final against Wycombe with his kids in Southend shirts and clearly there to support us.

I'm surprised that he is still actively working for SUFC. Normally when a senior person in an organisation moves to a competitor they would be put on garden leave due to the potential conflict of interest.

Back