• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can assure you this is 100% fact. I will have my say soon.This is disaterous news IMO.

bugger. Just when things were getting back on track (last nights performance excluded)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Very worrying, although RM is pretty good at the bad news/good news sandwich. Sounds like he's going on the radio to talk about FF so hopefully there's good news on that front.

Disagreement with the ownership according to the echo

Is this another Delancey / JM affair, with Sainsbury saying he should go ? he has authourised a bit of expenditure recently, which many on hear was worried that we could not afford, perhaps Sainsbury felt that we were getting ahead of ourselves and told RM to rein things back a bit.

He was never in it for anything other than the money, we all knew that, but I still think its a shame.

Maybe he is off to help his beloved Pompey ?

As for FF, the Sainbury development got the green light yesterday ..

You couldn't write a scrpit like this if you tried. We continue to lurch from one disaster to another

What does Sainsburys having the 'green lights' mean? Have the cpo's/purchases been completed?

Disagreement with the ownership according to the echo

Is this another Delancey / JM affair, with Sainsbury saying he should go ? he has authourised a bit of expenditure recently, which many on hear was worried that we could not afford, perhaps Sainsbury felt that we were getting ahead of ourselves and told RM to rein things back a bit.

He was never in it for anything other than the money, we all knew that, but I still think its a shame.

Maybe he is off to help his beloved Pompey ?

As for FF, the Sainbury development got the green light yesterday ..

Point 1 is about as far from the truth as it could be.

Point 2 Of course that is why he has worked for a year helping this team to the top for NO wages.

Brady quits Blues

THE Echo understands Tara Brady has quit as Southend United’s chief executive.
H.19.4

More...

Point 2 Of course that is why he has worked for a year helping this team to the top for NO wages.

My understanding was he came in to try to protect his investment in which case it was about money.

If this isnt the case fine, but if it is thats fine too, from what I see he did a good job when here.

Certainly interested in why he left.

According to Ron on the raido, we are looking to replace tara with someone else, but was tara's decision to leave!!

Asking him about Tara............RM says he's been on and off for 2 months.........he can't say why he's left as he doesn't know.........yeah ok Ron..........Tara's decision to leave...........was an employee..........will be replaced.........has already had discussions with someone else...........announcement shortly..........Tara was only a small investor 150k Oct 2010......will require it back..........will pay him in coming weeks..........haha

Unless his replacement is Richard Branson then i fear we may be up doggie doo creek without and improvised wooden stick

From BBC Essex:

Tara has gone of his own choice - RM is not sure why. He started a job in the city on Jan 3rd. He had no shares - he was just an employee!(he didnt mention he was an unpaid employee!) He invested £150k and will be given that back. RM is disapointed but has a replacement lined up and should be announced in the next day or so.

On Fossets:
Delighted planning was granted - finances in place already,just waiting for this planning. contractor not yet appointed. 16 month build time for phase 1 (3 sides).Wants phase 2 superstructure in place alongside the phase 1 build. Prospects owner is in talks with them to resolve their issues.

He made it perfectly clear that he was here because RM owed him money , that was the money I was referring to.

He would not have been here without that would he ?

More from Ron-- having sensible talks with Prospects. New CEO to be announced couldn't take the job,so TB appointed instead. Council approve Sainsbury's detailed approval. FF main contractor not yet decided but decision close. Would not commit to FF date. Wants 4th side structure up when FF opens (but presumably not complete). Sad to see TB go,good times together,but TB started London job on Jan 3 and finds football harder than working in the City.

Last edited:
Back