• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great scoop Blue79

Fair play Blue79, no one saw this coming.
Was it just that Brady was purely looking for a quick return on an investment of £150000?
If so he will be looking for more than his initial investment surely?
Would not like to be an accountant for Southend United.
Sorting our finances must be like herding cats :smile:

Fair play Blue79, no one saw this coming.
Was it just that Brady was purely looking for a quick return on an investment of £150000?
If so he will be looking for more than his initial investment surely?
Would not like to be an accountant for Southend United.
Sorting our finances must be like herding cats :smile:

Just because he was the only one to insinuate something was going on doesn't mean he was the only one with some knowledge!:winking:

I can assure you that 150k is a laughable figure being quoted by RM.

Why would he outright lie about something both sensitive and also quickly provable? Unless you're Tara's accountant, maybe you're wrong.

I remember telling you a while ago that the figure was quite big, and from what I've been told (which could of course be crap) that £150k figure is WAY off

RM in "being economical with the truth" shocker, here we go again, what's the chance that Tara could be the next claimant to issue a winding up petition against us ?

He was stating it as it was not insinuating.
There are too many ready to make up rumours based on what they think they know.
Blue79 got it right and deserves the :smile:credit which I gave him.

Why would he outright lie about something both sensitive and also quickly provable? Unless you're Tara's accountant, maybe you're wrong.

Well unless Tara has lied to me, which he hasn't in the past, it is a lot more than 150k

In fairness, this is the same Ron Martin who claimed we'd overpaid our taxbill.

Tara are you mad lad? Putting 150K in!

Takeover bid please Tara I like your suits and the way you eat in TGI Fridays with the fans. Who wouldn't prefer that? To Ron combing his Barnett and counting his monopoly money!

TARA IN!

It could well be of course that Tara brought in external investment. But anyway, I just think its a crazy and pointless thing for RM to lie about

Just because he was the only one to insinuate something was going on doesn't mean he was the only one with some knowledge!:winking:

But he was the only one to have the balls to say anything about it

Tara going is certainly worrying, we've seemed so much more stable since he's been at the club, so it's buttock clenching time for Blues fans.

Could it be a case of £150k is what we owe Tara up front, but he'll still have a share in the stadium that will eventually be owed to him (or that he can sell) at a later date? Just a thought really, even if it is a daft one.

One day they'll make a movie about us.

Well. I am now glad this is public.

So Ron says Tara invested £150,000 over his year as CEO? All I can say to that is :zzzzz:

Ron has put in £100,000 a month to keep the club afloat? All I can say to that is :zzzzz:

Tara was an employee of the club? Surely you have to be paid to be an employee? Again... :zzzzz:

Ron has mugged off the wrong person and he has now started a war...

Not only that, he has driven away the best thing to happen to this club in years. Tara's year in charge say's it all. The losses are the smallest they have been in 10 years. ALL bills have been met in full and on time. ALL the players and staff have been paid in full and on time. The players that have come in are on sensible deals. And we are (were) doing pretty well on the pitch. Not to mention the fact he was completely open and approachable to any fan.

Funny how the last two games have been probably the worst two performances of the season. I wonder why?...

This makes last night's defeat nothing to me. Ron has signed our death warrant, again.

Last edited:
Well. I am now glad this is public as it has been eating me up for days.

So Ron says Tara invested £150,000 over his year as CEO? All I can say to that is :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Ron has put in £100,000 a month to keep the club afloat? All I can say to that is :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Ron has mugged off the wrong person and he has now started a war.

Let's hope the final result is a full takeover with RM being ousted, however nobody has managed to nail the **** yet !

Tara may have had good intentions but you have to be extremely naive to think you can do business with RM without it having considerable risk attached.

Back