• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In reply to Tara's statement in the Echo.... And you think Martins statement was childish! Then Tara, what is this? You said you had no intention to comment on your reasons to depart, but you have? Has the chairman taken our your dummy and you’re crying for it back? Does this just not show the mans arrogance, and thinks he can come in and be boss of our club just like that.Yes, the club has made a big mistake in a few, and only a few words that were written in the law statement, but for goodness sake guys, see the bigger picture. If we have a big legal battle on our hands, and time isn’t taken up with trying to get us promoted, then this will be TARAS fault, not Ron Martins or the clubs. It seems like all bad things point to Martin, I’m not some worshiper of him, but I do think fans punch (ignore the tara related pun) him around too much for the utter enjoyment of pointing the blame.Tara wishes us well, well don’t take up the time of key people in the club. Either this man was born an utterly ignorant, arrogant man, or he has been in too many boxing matches!

In reply to Tara's statement in the Echo.... And you think Martins statement was childish! Then Tara, what is this? You said you had no intention to comment on your reasons to depart, but you have? Has the chairman taken our your dummy and you’re crying for it back? Does this just not show the mans arrogance, and thinks he can come in and be boss of our club just like that.Yes, the club has made a big mistake in a few, and only a few words that were written in the law statement, but for goodness sake guys, see the bigger picture. If we have a big legal battle on our hands, and time isn’t taken up with trying to get us promoted, then this will be TARAS fault, not Ron Martins or the clubs. It seems like all bad things point to Martin, I’m not some worshiper of him, but I do think fans punch (ignore the tara related pun) him around too much for the utter enjoyment of pointing the blame.Tara wishes us well, well don’t take up the time of key people in the club. Either this man was born an utterly ignorant, arrogant man, or he has been in too many boxing matches!

Afternoon Ron....

Be careful, you'll incur the wrath of the Brady Bunch.
In all fairness I can see this from both sides and I just wish they all will realise that things move on and 'Que sera sera'.
I also do not trust any businessman to tell the truth, and why should they. They all have their own agendas. I was one recently and I would have lied through my back teeth for the sake of my business.

I think his intention was not to comment, but if the club or Ron puts a big statement in the echo, surely he has the right to reply.

Well I've read what has been offered by both sides and would offer one or two thoughts.
I don't believe that the tangled financial web between RM and TB, which seems to occupy most peoples minds is going to be elucidated, unless of course, there is the worst possible scenario and the affair ends up in court. In many ways I don't give a damn for either RM or TB but I do care passionately for our club and I don't see how a rolling court case, in which all our dirty washing is going to be displayed, will do us anything but great harm. There seems to be a contradiction here in what TB says and what he may do. In his text reply (according to RM) he states, "there's no gloves on my side as I don't think we're in a fight." However, in the Echo article , a few days later the tone has dramatically changed with, "I am reluctant to discuss details as I may have to commence legal proceedings."
I don't know whether there are financial issues involved in the following statement from TB....... "I have differing views from the major ownership on how the club should be run in order to enable us to get to the Championship within two years."..........but as a supporter, I would sure as hell, love to know what those differences are.
Both claim some merit for, at least, starting the job of turning the club around and the only one thing I can say, is that, since TB has been at the club, it does seem to be on a more stable basis. It's also true that, in spite of many of us who had fears, no one of note left during the January window. (perhaps that may have also been due to a little matter of no offers being forthcoming!)
A nice little parting shot was the way that TB described his pleasure at working with PS, GC and RC and said that he would be pleased to work with Helen Norbury and Nigel Brunning again............"both who did a superb job under difficult circumstances." (my italics). In fact, he seemed happy working with everyone........with a couple (few) notable exceptions. One thing we can surely all (:unsure:) agree with is the need to give PS great support in the following weeks.

Thats a reason i think ron put out the statement. you mention yourself that no player left during the window as if it was a tb achievement, yet he resigned 3rd january so had nothing to do with it?

i think that kind of assumption that everything good that has happened was due to tara that got ron's ego going...

To be fair, after the statements from Ron and the club, I believe Tara had every right to change his mind re communicating over the issue.

Couple of points I noticed from the article...

Obvious one that's been picked up on. Saying how great all these people are, yet quite obviously missing Ron out. I'd imagine there's no love lost there.

"I’m confident if anyone can take us up it’s Paul", still referring to Southend as "us". I'd have thought that were Tara walking away completely then it's be "you"

"Also, I would have no hesitation in working with Helen Norbury (club secretary) and Nigel Brunning (finance director) again", could well be in general business, but is there any prospect of a Tara led takeover? I know it's been mooted by some on here, but not sure if there's any substance behind it.

"queuing at an away game hoping to get a half time pie with Scott Peters ahead of me." From what I've heard, hoping is definitely the operative word in this situation :smile:

there will be no takeover until someone gives ron martin what he would make from the redevelopment. he has too much invested in this to walk away and no one will takeover without the golden egg at the end.

...... then this will be TARAS fault, not Ron Martins or the clubs. ......!

Of course it's Tara's fault if he hasn't been paid. Just like those nasty players who weren't paid either !

To be fair, after the statements from Ron and the club, I believe Tara had every right to change his mind re communicating over the issue.

Couple of points I noticed from the article...

Obvious one that's been picked up on. Saying how great all these people are, yet quite obviously missing Ron out. I'd imagine there's no love lost there.

"I’m confident if anyone can take us up it’s Paul", still referring to Southend as "us". I'd have thought that were Tara walking away completely then it's be "you"

"Also, I would have no hesitation in working with Helen Norbury (club secretary) and Nigel Brunning (finance director) again", could well be in general business, but is there any prospect of a Tara led takeover? I know it's been mooted by some on here, but not sure if there's any substance behind it.

"queuing at an away game hoping to get a half time pie with Scott Peters ahead of me." From what I've heard, hoping is definitely the operative word in this situation :smile:

As Jam Man has already said. No chance whilst Captain Ron is at the helm.

Hello Ron. To be fair to Tara his exclusive with the Echo was measured and he has stated clearly his two main reasons for leaving the club. The direction of the club/his input into the club can be debated but ultimately it's irrelevant as you own the club and that's that. The financial agreements are only known to you two and either you pay him what he is owed or it will almost certainly go to court. So, as has been the case over the last few years, whether we end up in court or not is down to you.

Talking of Ron Martin

I saw him at Liverpool Street station last night hope he got home ok with the delays :-)

Not just Ron, though. I don't see Geoffrey King or Dave Scriven mentioned on Tara's list either. Shame Jennings left or he could have gone for a full house...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever the rights and wrongs of individual management decisions, there is no question that the club's fortunes on and off the pitch improved massively during TB's time. Promotion chasing, best players retained, no talk of players not being paid or creditors banging on the door and a genuine rapport between players and fans.

For the club (presumably Ron) to react to TB leaving by posting a spiteful, unprofessional and generally small minded statement on the official website shows either naivety (unlikely) or arrogance beyond belief (surely not... ?).

I have no idea if TB was a knight in shining armour, but for Ron to not realize he would alienate a large proportion of incredibly loyal fans with that statement shows a lack of grip on reality. Even if there is any truth in the points Ron makes, his manner of putting them across is a PR disaster with the supporters and, in case he's forgotten, it's the fans who pay good money to the club in ticket sales and the club shop.

Whatever business you are in, if you were a succesful senior executive would you want to work for RM ?
Equally, if you're a supporter with a few million burning a hole in your pocket, would you lend it to Ron so he can 'invest' it ?

Let us just hope that someone, somewhere has the financial clout to come into the club and stand up to Ron

Back