• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
...Chain Reaction is a song by Diana Ross. Ross was the front for The Supremes. Supreme were the Kings of coaches and they served Southend United for years. kings wear crowns and David Crown played for Southend during the 1987-89 season when the Blues beat Derby County over two legs only to lose in the Littlewoods cup third round to ipswich 1 - 0. A southend star in that game was Glenn Pennyfather and in subsequent years the 'tractorboys' turned pirates when they signed him. Pirates are also known as 'seadogs' which coincidentally is the nickname of the now defunct Scarborough town who dumped us out of the cup in 2003-4 when a lucrative tie with Chelsea was in the offing. Chelsea are the team we are currently pitted against in a cup competition that offers Ipswich as the prize to the winners of the tie. What goes around comes around. This is our year. Altogether now; '..in the middle of a chain reaction..'.

Random post of the year surely ... incidently i saw David Crown in "The Slug at Fulham" on Saturday ... wanted to go and say hi but i think he was with his family so didn't want to intrude

He was upstairs with a couple of kids. I didn't recognise him, until my mate pointed him out.

Back