• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Did anybody go the other night that can shed some light on what was said by Ron and CP

Did anybody go the other night that can shed some light on what was said by Ron and CP

It was 'An Exclusive Night in aid of Prostate Cancer'. ​Invited guests only (no riff-raff) and raised over £10,000 for Chris Powells's Prostate Cancer Fund.

Didn’t know anything about it, I normally go to these types of thing and ask a lot of questions ( questions are not about next years kit !)

It was "An Exclusive Night In Aid of Prostate Cancer".). Invited guests only (and no riff-raff by the looks of the photos). It raised over £10,000 for Chris Powell's Prostate Cancer Fund.

It was as stated in the above posts a fund raising evening hosted my the Mayor of Southend Cllr Fay Evans in aid of her Prostate Cancer charity. Fay Evans and her guest speaker (who had been diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer) both stressed the need for men to ensure that they get checked out by a taking a simple blood test. The guest speaker had no idea that he had the disease until the result of a blood test came through.

I go to the doctors yearly and request a blood test. He has no problem in issuing the form. Everyone should do this (except women of course :) !

I did attend with a friend and fellow shrimper who has had his prostate removed after being diagnosed about 4 years ago. He is doing fine so far. As the money will be used in Southend hospital we thought it was well worth supporting.

Ron came across very well, who knew he had dry/droll sense of humour. The whole FF/RH project will cost about £400m.

CP also spoke well but was a bit more guarded in his answers as of course he can't name names etc. He spoke highly of our young lads and wants to make the squad younger overall. He doesn't like the Under 23's matches so maybe next year we may see more players out on loan but that depends on numerous reasons as to why player X would be placed with club Y.

Some very good prizes were auctioned after so I am pleased I went and supported CP and the club, for their support of a very good cause. Remember its not like smoking or liver disease, its not down to life style it can happen to anyone. So don't be shy lads, its a blood test...Nobody with hands like Pat Jennings has to examine you!!

Last edited:
I did attend with a friend and fellow shrimper who has had his prostate removed after being diagnosed about 4 years ago. He is doing fine so far. As the money will be used in Southend hospital we thought it was well worth supporting.

Ron came across very well, who knew he had dry/droll sense of humour. The whole FF/RH project will cost about £400m.

CP also spoke well but was a bit more guarded in his answers as of course he can't name names etc. He spoke highly of our young lads and wants to make the squad younger overall. He doesn't like the Under 23's matches so maybe next year we may see more players out on loan but that depends on numerous reasons as to why player X would be placed with club Y.

Some very good prises were auctioned after so I am pleased I went and supported CP and the club, for their support of a very good cause. Remember its not like smoking or liver disease, its not down to life style it can happen to anyone. So don't be shy lads, its a blood test...Nobody with hands like Pat Jennings has to examine you!!

Who were you Rigsby? always good to put a face to a name? Did you ask any questions? may be able to remember you from what you asked.

Who were you Rigsby? always good to put a face to a name? Did you ask any questions? may be able to remember you from what you asked.

Sitting at the back. I asked CP what 'areas' was he looking to strengthen in the team and about Sam Mantom etc.

CP also spoke well but was a bit more guarded in his answers as of course he can't name names etc. He spoke highly of our young lads and wants to make the squad younger overall.

Did you immediately argue against that approach claiming that our squad was already young, say what a good job Anton and Turner have done, that getting younger players was unrealistic etc as you've been doing on here or just nod approvingly?

Did you immediately argue against that approach claiming that our squad was already young, say what a good job Anton and Turner have done, that getting younger players was unrealistic etc as you've been doing on here or just nod approvingly?

No we spoke about Anton and Turner in a sensible adult way because no idiots were allowed in.

No we spoke about Anton and Turner in a sensible adult way because no idiots were allowed in.

attachment.php

I live with prostate cancer so really pleased that the subject is having its profile continually raised.

Did you get any feeling for Fossett Farm from Ron or is it just a fading pipe dream for him? I think he has lost the fire for it, which is worry for the club long term. Will he walk away and let someone else have a crack at rehousing us?

Back to the Prostate Cancer all chaps over 40 should at least get a PSA check done, mine got caught early, it then allows you to control the disease rather than having to take drastic measures.

I live with prostate cancer so really pleased that the subject is having its profile continually raised.

Did you get any feeling for Fossett Farm from Ron or is it just a fading pipe dream for him? I think he has lost the fire for it, which is worry for the club long term. Will he walk away and let someone else have a crack at rehousing us?

Back to the Prostate Cancer all chaps over 40 should at least get a PSA check done, mine got caught early, it then allows you to control the disease rather than having to take drastic measures.

Ron was very upbeat and positive about the project. In fact it was difficult to stop him talking about it and let Chris have a few words!

Absolutely none of those things. In fact IF and of course it is always a big IF, the council pass it in the summer then Ron will be fully involved and there may well be some pleasant surprises for you all.......I'll say no more.

Absolutely none of those things. In fact IF and of course it is always a big IF, the council pass it in the summer then Ron will be fully involved and there may well be some pleasant surprises for you all.......I'll say no more.

If you are suggesting optimism you have the wrong audience I fear..

£400m....makes the clubs £17m debts look like snagging or loose change...

Regarding the stadium or other aspects?

Bog rolls and soap in men's toilets? Food Bar in the Fossetts South Stand?

Back