• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalk and Cheese

Cricko

Bizarre how we can have played so badly these past two games and yet tonight play so well.....I didn't think Udders were a bad side ..lacked the finishing touch but played quite good football...With Leon back and Morgan up front we looked threatening every time we went forward ..they created so much space for the midfield to come through hence Macca scoring twice and Gower, the back 4 looked solid ..I thought Maher played very well.... ..And hey 4-1 who can complain ..:)

I'm not Maher's biggest fan and never have been. He played well tonight though.

Decent performance from the Shrimpers. The scoreline slightly flattered us because Huddersfield looked ok and we were hanging on at times before the first red but the most important thing tonight was getting a result and that is what we've done. Scoring a few goals and putting a smile on the face of the crowd is definitely not a bad thing though.

Same again on saturday, please!

Maher was the best player on the park especially in the first half, looked very good all over tonight if morgan could shoot he would be amazing. More of the same on saturday please.

Not a brilliant performance but an encouraging one, certainly something to build on and get the campaign back on track. Its amazing what playing the right personnel in the right formation can do isnt it!.. We still need to work on set pieces at both ends though. Same again on sat please blues!

we scored from a set piece tonight, and I thought at times udders couldn even compete against some of our passing play, their keeper stopped it being 3 nil to us at half time, bit scary at two one

Maher was the best player on the park especially in the first half, looked very good all over tonight if morgan could shoot he would be amazing. More of the same on saturday please.

McCormack outshone Maher easily for me, none stop running and two goals to boot. Plus got stamped on the knackers and could still have a laugh about it.

Overally a decent performance, front two look promising but we looked shaky at the back, especially at set pieces and we had no width down the right.

Deserved a win, up until their goal they didnt look like scoring, although played some better passing game than us without much threat. When they scored it looked a bit ominous but thankfully their keeper scythed down Clarke in the most evil of challenges I have ever seen and should be banned for life. Ahem.

Thought we played well for the first 35 minutes or so, and really ought to have gone in at the break more than one goal to the good, Morgan and Clarke certainly made a promising start to their partnership togerther, and I thought Morgan in particular looked very dangerous, certainly an excellent foil for Clarke.

I thought Huddersfield defensively looked all over the place in the first half, and were really struggling to keep tabs on either of our strikers, or any of the forward runs of Bailey and Macca.

Second half, thought the entire game went pretty flat, and became fairly scrappy, and as a neutral it certainly won't live long in the memory!

Thought the defending on our part for their goal was shambolic again - I do wonder at times whether or not they bother practicing set piece defending in training during the week, and if they don't resolve our shortcomings in that area, it will undermine all the good work we do elsewhere in the team.

That said, regardless of the sending off, it was nice to score 4 goals in a game, and must do our confidence the world of good.

we were **** tonight john... and most people agree

Back