• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Challenge yourself **Migrant death - contains disturbing picture**

Pubey

Look at the photos and think what you can do, and what we as a country should be doing.

Literally, the bodies of toddlers are washing up on our holiday resort beaches. We have the capacity to be doing so much better.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-attitude-to-refugees-what-will-10482757.html

syrian-migrant-boy-turkey.jpg

If you want to help, here are some links and suggestions:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...trying-to-find-safety-in-europe-10482902.html

I agree. The west created this **** storm with regime change and now we're ignoring the consequences.

This picture broke my heart. I'm pretty disappointed in myself that it has taken this to spur me in to action, but the link that Pubey posted is well worth a look.

Good people collecting stuff that people really need. Not exactly glamourous going on Amazon and buying a load of Dettol wipes, but they'll be appreciated by the people - PEOPLE, not migrants, not refugees, not invaders, PEOPLE - who are going through this hhorror.

Maybe those bleating on about a few thousand camping at Calais might open their eyes and realise its not just some "immigrants" trying to get in but people.

Not suggesting opening the gates is the answer so lets leave that discussion in the other threads, but maybe they will look at the problem with a new perspective.

Its desperate people involved here, heartbreaking.

So should we have stronger backing for Assad in the first place ? The Syrian people are a fleeing from terrorists, some of them British born and others funded from money raise in Briton
Could we have done a lot better before it ever got to this stage?

Such a sad picture, all the world leaders need to get together and act now to try to sort this crisis out. It's not an easy one but they all must do something. It's not a case of countrys just let everyone in, they need to get to the route of the problem.

The West destabilised these countries and allowed the extremists to flourish. Half arsed job as always, but hey we can sell some more weapons.

I wrote a sarcastic reply to this but realised it would only bring up accusations of not seeing the bigger picture.

Instead, let's define the arms industry: apart from providing employment to millions, it acts as a deterrent to some of the more unstable countries. Defence is important, no? Or shall we defend ourselves with sticks and stones?

Also, define destabilisation. Syria kind of self-destructed, when after gaining independence in 1945, went through lots of coups, civil wars and massacres, self-perpetuated. The recent Arab Spring inspired war is a result of army defection and civil unrest. Islamism and its intepretation are a lot do with the instability, not some Western intervention.,

The West destabilised these countries and allowed the extremists to flourish. Half arsed job as always, but hey we can sell some more weapons.

How did the west destabilise Syria, Libya or even Tunisia? Would you have voted to let Assad use his chemical weapons on extremist training camps....No. So now we can all live with the consequences, Nobody said to much when women and children were being raped and murdered. As long as it was in some Arab country that most Brits couldn't point out on a map. 2yr olds washed up on our holiday beaches well now that wont do.

I never agreed with the war on Iraq, not on moral grounds but I knew it would be a case of the cure would be worse than the disease. But the Iraq war can not be blamed on the current rise in extremism. Tourists were dragged of buses and murdered in places like Egypt long before we ever got involved.

I Instead, let's define the arms industry: apart from providing employment to millions, it acts as a deterrent to some of the more unstable countries. Defence is important, no? Or shall we defend ourselves with sticks and stones?

I have no problem with defending ourselves - as you say it acts as a deterrent. What I (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) is the sale of arms to countries that are far from stable themselves. I wonder how many weapons, now in the hands of ISIS, have come from British arms sales to Iraq/Iran/Saudi Arabia?

You lot are either naive or blind to think that things are done behind the scenes to help push these so-called uprisings. Replace one dictator who's doesn't want to play ball (Hussein/Gadaffi) with another who's more open to trading with the West. Create a vaccuum and it's a bunch of stoneage lunatics who fill it, using the bloodiest, most basic translation of the Quran as their guidebook and damn anyone who doesn't think like them.

But I agree with Uncle Leo - it's time the UK pulled their finger out and stopped painting these desperate people as a "swarm" and help them before more 3yr olds are drowned in the Med.

Last edited:
That is just about the saddest picture I have seen in so many years, it honestly made me cry......what is wrong with humanity these days FFS..we are all one. We are so lucky to have been born and live in this beautiful country.

There but for the grace of God go us.

which God though?

ps I agree wholeheartedly. Very sad. And it's our duty as humans to help where we can.
Absolutely agree, wife and I both cried at this picture. Please can somebody help as clearly God isn't.

That is just about the saddest picture I have seen in so many years, it honestly made me cry......what is wrong with humanity these days FFS..we are all one. We are so lucky to have been born and live in this beautiful country.

There but for the grace of God go us.

Yep up there with that Kevin Carter photo, hopefully a lot of good will come of it and it will open peoples eyes

We as football fans could help. Qatar are building all their stadiums and infrastructure with slave labour from the far east. Yet have agreed to take just 80 refugees. Why not stadiums built by migrants. If the some of Europe's big football names or the main sponsors threatened a boycott we could change that in a week. Qatar could at least pay for more food and shelter

Saudi Arabia have offered £10,000,000. They could certainly add a zero or two to that figure. But of course no western government will dare upset the Saudi's.

I'm not trying to play devils advocate here, or even trying start up another immigration row, but I've got some genuine questions (due to my ignorance) that need answering.

1) If the government allows people to enter this country, at what number do we cap it, if at all? Then, if/when that quota is met, then what? We start turning people away, regardless?

2) Where do these people go, when they get to England? Assign them to randomly chosen towns/cities? Set up Refugee camps? How do we feed, clothe, house & care for them?

Not trying to sound cold towards these peoples plights, just asking genuinely

Back