• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

challenge94 - Almost there!

sufcmark

Youth Team
January 2009 saw me start my ‘Challenge94’. The challenge was for me to visit every football league ground from the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 for a competitive match, all in 2009. This has included the 2 teams promoted to League 2 from the conference at the end of last season. In doing so, I will be attempting to raise money for Children in Need.
Well now I am nearing the end of the challenge and I am looking for donations for such a great charity. You can donate as little as 2.00 and now is the best time to do this. Children In Need hosts its main show on Friday night.
If you would like to help towards this please go to www.justgiving.com/markcorney
I also have a more detailed account of the year at http://challenge94.webs.com which goes into more detail the journey I have had with pictures, tickets and reports of the games I have been. It would be great to get some feedback on the site and the challenge itself from other football supporters

Obviously I hope to see lots of Shrimpers names on my fundraising page, other clubs are starting to add there bits and bobs!

I'll also be in the Railway later on if anyone would like to donate the old fashioned way as I will have sponsership forms on me

Thanks

Mark

Can I ask a silly question? Surely you're spending more than you're raising what with transportation costs and entry to the games, or am I missing something? However I guess if it's your own money that you're spending then that's fine.

Can I ask a silly question? Surely you're spending more than you're raising what with transportation costs and entry to the games, or am I missing something? However I guess if it's your own money that you're spending then that's fine.
No, he gets the transportation money by robbing orphanages and hospitals.

Some of the games he's got complimentary tickets off the club (he had one when I met him at Carlisle for example). Think he's cut down on travelling costs by arranging logistics cleverly so going to 2 or 3 games over a weekend for example.

I have had over 40 comp tickets and I will also be looking into claiming some of the petrol back for tax reasons as doing it for charity. (not sure about this though)

So in answer to your question I will be spending about the same as I raise (depending on the final amount) but I wanted to actually do something rather than just donate. I have used all my own money to achieve this so the amount that Children In Need get would be money that they would not normally have got.

Does this mean you'll donate? ;)

I have had over 40 comp tickets and I will also be looking into claiming some of the petrol back for tax reasons as doing it for charity. (not sure about this though)

So in answer to your question I will be spending about the same as I raise (depending on the final amount) but I wanted to actually do something rather than just donate. I have used all my own money to achieve this so the amount that Children In Need get would be money that they would not normally have got.

Does this mean you'll donate? ;)

Haha, ok mate you win!

Not a bad result then last night! Finally beating MK.

*Bumping this thread up in the hope of some more charitable donations.

I'm in wet n windy Yeovil at the moment!!!

SUFCMark - how are you getting along with the tax relief on expenses? We are self funding a charity event next year, and if we can get Macmillan some more donations through gift aid / tax relief, then all the better!

Back