• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcmark

Youth Team
Hi there fellow Shrimpers.

At the start of 2009 I started of on a challenge that I predict will last (hopefully no longer!) the whole of the year. I am attempting to watch a competitive football match at each of the 94 football league grounds in the top 4 divisions in the English leagues all in 1 calendar year. 94 I hear you ask? The extra 2 will be the 2 teams promoted from the Blue Square in April/May. In doing so I will be attempting to raise as much as I can for Children I Need. Children In Need's mission is to make a positive change to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Their vision is a society where each and every child and young person is supported to realise their potential.

The challenge started back on 2nd Jan when I went to watch Spurs v Wigan and has seen me visit 25 other grounds to date. During this year I will be sacrificing a lot of my time and effort into planning each week and will also miss watching my beloved Southend week in week out. How many of you have been to Port Vale v Lincoln City on a Friday? Its not recommended unless you do this for a good cause!! I have been a Shrimpers fan ever since my Dad first took me when I was 6, and those that sit in the South Upper might even know me. I have been on other teams forums and have been trying to raise awareness that I'll be visiting their club and have had some donations from them through my justgiving site and by hand on the day. I am obviously hoping for most club/supporter donations from my 'home' team so am posting on here to kindly ask that you take a quick peek at what I am doing. My main website I have set up is at www.justgiving.com/markcorney where the donations can be made. This site will also have a short report on my most recently visited grounds and the list of teams visited so far. At another site http://challenge94.webs.com I will have more information on my journey so far with more stats, facts, pictures etc which I hope will be a good read and view for any football fan.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the sites

Its small donations from you all that count!!

Hope this isn't affecting your bowling commitments!

Those days are long gone mate!! Cheers for the donation. Will see you at a few away games?
Undoubtedly. No more planned this season due to certain 'financial commitments' but hoping to make a few journeys again next season.

There was a bloke on the BBC speaking about this yesterday. Was it you?

Wasn't me mate, although will be trying to get some media coverage nearer the end of my challenge. What was this person saying? Maybe someone else is doing it as well?

Wasn't me mate, although will be trying to get some media coverage nearer the end of my challenge. What was this person saying? Maybe someone else is doing it as well?

Sorry, just seen your reply. He was talking about how he's had to do three games a week etc to fit them all in.

Sorry, just seen your reply. He was talking about how he's had to do three games a week etc to fit them all in.

Sounds about right. By the end of the Prem season I would have done 49 out of the 94 so just over half way! Will be praying that the fixtures fall kindly for me when released in June!

Sounds about right. By the end of the Prem season I would have done 49 out of the 94 so just over half way! Will be praying that the fixtures fall kindly for me when released in June!

Best of luck mate, sounds like one hell of a job!

Best of luck mate, sounds like one hell of a job!

Never thought I'd say this with no Euro or World Cup in the Summer, but I;m glad the season is almost over!! Looking forward to having a bit of time of before raring to go again in August. If I'm being honest I reckon if I wasn't do it for a cause I might have given up by now! I'll battle on though and am confident I will finish it all by the end of the year.

Watch this space!!

Well that's it for me now until 8th August when the season kicks off again. Fixtures for the 2009/10 season are released on 17th June so I will be busy planning my schedule between then and August. Thanks to all those that have supported and donated so far. I'm almost halfway to my target and I'm still hopeful of being able to reach the £2k target I set myself. Watch this space

Only 28 games to go!!!!

Evening All

Sites are now up to date and include a miserable night in Brentford.

Good luck to those travelling to Stockport tomorrow on the back of that result.

Remember this is all for a good cause and Children In Need week is fast approaching in November. Please give generously ;)

Thanks

Mark

Bumping this for Mark as he's nearing the end of his challenge, great to meet him on Saturday - if anyone can spare any loose change after delving deep for the club, I'm sure he'd be grateful!

Bumping this for Mark as he's nearing the end of his challenge, great to meet him on Saturday - if anyone can spare any loose change after delving deep for the club, I'm sure he'd be grateful!

Thanks Kay and good to meet you and Richard too at Carlisle

I'm sure that Children In Need would appreciate any donations towards what they do. Children In Need week is only a few weeks away! ;)

Thanks Kay and good to meet you and Richard too at Carlisle

I'm sure that Children In Need would appreciate any donations towards what they do. Children In Need week is only a few weeks away! ;)

And ACU Mark, he was behind us!

Back