• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Champions '& anyone who finishes as low as 4th in their league' League Final

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
So who's gonna win Bar$a or Manure?
If there's one team I hate almost as much as Bar$a it's MU but I'll be supporting the Mancs on Saturday.Probably the kiss of death for them.:'(

I think Man U might just do it but this is not based on any rational analysis. I read somewhere over the week-end that Barca have been looking dead on their feet in recent games - have you noticed this or is it just media talk? The last time these teams met, Man U's central midfield of Carrick and Anderson was easily by-passed. I'm curious to see if SAF reinstates Fletcher who is amongst the best of ball-winners when fit. Should be a cracking game ...

I think Man U might just do it but this is not based on any rational analysis. I read somewhere over the week-end that Barca have been looking dead on their feet in recent games - have you noticed this or is it just media talk? The last time these teams met, Man U's central midfield of Carrick and Anderson was easily by-passed. I'm curious to see if SAF reinstates Fletcher who is amongst the best of ball-winners when fit. Should be a cracking game ...

I'd say they've been playing with one eye on the final since the Madrid quartet.Saw them live a few weeks back against Espanyol at the Nou Camp, a game which they won easily,2-0.As soon as the second went in -just after half time-they obviously took their foot off the gas.
Hope you're right.:thumbsup:
Be interesting to see if any flights over are cancelled.:whistling:

Be interesting to see if any flights over are cancelled.:whistling:

Seems like Barça might be flying over earlier than planned. I remember during the last ash cloud saga they had to take the coach to Milan (to play Inter) and they ended up losing 3-1.

I've a small financial investment in Man Utd winning the trophy, but not enough to have me jumping for joy should they win.

Incidentally, on Spanish TV1 news tonight they announced that both Bar$a and MU were winners of their respective Leagues last season.Shume mistake surely?:whistling:

Barcelona seem to be evens or better everywhere which seems crazy to me. Reckon £50 on that and £10 on them to win in extra time just in case.

United have a puncher's chance at best.

Looks like a fair few specials are around:

In the Champions League Final if Barcelona win within 90mins then Paddy Power will refund all losing bets on the following markets:

- First goalscorer

- Last goalscorer

- Correct score

- Scorecast

Just read that Skybet are refunding the same markets if either Messi or Rooney score.

Nonsense. Stop Messi and Villa, Pedro and Iniesta make the most of the extra space and kill you.

Nonsense. Stop Messi and Villa, Pedro and Iniesta make the most of the extra space and kill you.

You stop Messi by cutting off the supply from Xavi.That way there are no bits and pieces for Iniesta et al to feed on either.QED.:winking:
(Interestingly,in today's Grauniad-sorry no link-they were pointing out how much possesion starts from Busquets winning the ball in the Makélélé role).

You stop Messi by cutting off the supply from Xavi.That way there are no bits and pieces for Iniesta et al to feed on either.QED.:winking:
(Interestingly,in today's Grauniad-sorry no link-they were pointing out how much possesion starts from Busquets winning the ball in the Makélélé role).

... before the sniper takes him out once again.

It's a great shame that the expanded Champions League format has robbed us of classic confrontations like Nottingham Forest vs Malmo. I mean, where's the excitement in seeing two of the biggest teams in the world?

It's a great shame that the expanded Champions League format has robbed us of classic confrontations like Nottingham Forest vs Malmo. I mean, where's the excitement in seeing two of the biggest teams in the world?

Ha - John Robertson gave hope to every tubby lad trying to play the beautiful game.

Back