• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Champions League Final

Not my favourite fans by a long chalk having been in the football Souvenir game in the 80s, when they had some nasty fans that were into robbing you with violence. But last night, Liverpool fans were totally innocent. They were kettled twice. They were sprayed with pepper spray, men, women and kids. Yes they were getting frustrated at being kettled for hours, baking hot and a lot with no drinks. But they remained quite calm until being pepper sprayed. Then they got the effects of tear gas when the French police fired it at local youths causing trouble. There are also reports of locals and police and riot police being very anti-English. Here from Sky is the best news report with witnesses out there at the moment, describing the disgraceful way it was organised, and the disgraceful treatment of innocent fans.

On the face of it, that doesn't look good at all.

Sad to read of issues outside the stadium but British football fans do seem to get targeted by police and local hooligans alike. You’ve got to wonder if it’s a result of decades of drunken, unruly behaviour and general lack of respect many have when visiting these cities. I’d never watch England abroad for this reason .. regrettably innocent fans seem to get tarred with the same brush.

Plenty of phone clips where the Scousers are bunking in by climbing over fences etc.

Ignoring all the anti Liverpool crap, the fact is last night scenes would of happened with any English club. And does happen often in Europe when English teams (and the national team) travel abroad. They get treated badly by agressive police who are more than happy to attack people for little or no reason

Courtois played well but I don't understand why so many people felt Liverpool dominated that match. There were 2 world class saves, everything else was a stop you'd expect a Champions League keeper to make and that's because RM closed down Liverpool well the whole match and forced them to take shots that Courtois could easily set himself for.

If Benzema wasn't uncharacteristically off form Madrid probably would have had more than 1 because they broke through Liverpool several times only to somehow mess up the final pass. They set themselves up to play counter attacking football and they executed it very well.

Shame about the issues outside the stadium before and after the game. Lots of blame on fans, organisers and police. A bad day once again for football. The Stad de France holds Six Nations Rugby matches every year with full houses but nothing like this happens.
Why do so many have to travel when they haven't got a ticket.......or a job?

Last edited:
Ignoring all the anti Liverpool crap, the fact is last night scenes would of happened with any English club. And does happen often in Europe when English teams (and the national team) travel abroad. They get treated badly by agressive police who are more than happy to attack people for little or no reason
But that’s because the idiots who have caused trouble in the past. In the UK and overseas have given England that label of trouble. We are all tarnished with the same brush I’m afraid. Recent events in the UK with pitch invasions have not helped that reputation.

But that’s because the idiots who have caused trouble in the past. In the UK and overseas have given England that label of trouble. We are all tarnished with the same brush I’m afraid. Recent events in the UK with pitch invasions have not helped that reputation.

I certainly agree with this part for sure, we've always had a bad reputation.

Last edited:
Real Madrid won the game with one shot on target, which is crazy but at the same time, having seen how they got to the final and how they played in the final, it isn't surprising. Doesn't mean they do or don't deserve it and they probably won't care either.

I thought Alexander-Arnold had a disappointing game, Liverpool rely on him so much and his crossing and shooting was poor.

Weird fact, but Liverpool played in three finals this season and didn't score a single goal in 330 minutes of game play. This could have been a unbelievable quadruple season, but will probably be remembered as a two cup season won on penalties.

I'm trying to give a different view here.

This is from a French TV company....... People fighting (in red mostly) and even one Liverpool fan said hundreds of fans are running around causing trouble.

As @RHB pointed out, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle but likewise what @Ricey said, we have a ****ty reputation in the UK for football violence oversea's..

Last edited:
Reports now coming through that after the game, local French youths ganged up with Real Madrid fans to attack Liverpool fans. Also, hundreds of local youths were mugging detached Liverpool fans on their way to the metro. A journalist on his way to the metro witnessed many muggings, and said it was frightening the way they swooped, and the violence used. Regarding the organisation. You don't bottleneck fans and do a ticket check at two turnstiles. The ticket check is normally done at a larger checkpoint well before the turnstiles to stop a bottleneck, and prevent delays to a kick off. The larger checkpoint stops ticketless fans, or those with fake tickets getting to the stadium. So to blame Liverpool fans for turning up late is just passing the buck. From all reports, the fans were queueing for hours. So very bad organisation, and heavy handed policing were to blame. I'm not a Liverpool fan, especially as in the 80s I was in the football souvenir game. I witnessed many things some of their fans did at the old Wembley and the old Wembley Way. They would storm that row of shops opposite the now McDonalds, and rob any goods, food, cigarettes, plus the till money. They would surround us souvenir sellers and rob us of merchandise plus takings. with about 50 onto 1, with punches and kicks. So I know they have a lot of scum. So I know first hand that they have some of the best and worst fans in the World. As for the game, Real Madrid were quite negative for large parts, passing sideways and backwards. Resulting in not many shots. When they did burst forward out of their shell, they looked very dangerous. Liverpool will be kicking themselves. So many shots, a lot were rubbish. When they were good, the goalie was there. I read that Salah had 9 shots alone, 6 on target and 3 off target. With 24 shots to 4, Liverpool blew it.

Plenty of phone clips where the Scousers are bunking in by climbing over fences etc.

Even more of Madrid fans and local’s doing exactly the same. I have spoken to mate who waited over two hours outside the stadium when they stopped allowing anyone gain entry. UEFA were typically quick to blame fans but in truth they should shoulder most of the blame as there outer perimeter ticket checks where completely inadequate. This resulted in many locals getting close to the stadium to try to steal tickets or climb in.
The use of pepper spray by the police on the innocent fans including woman and children was also outrageous.

If yesterday's event at Stad de France was a Rugby Union International there would have been no trouble getting into the stadium, no segregation with fans from both teams sitting together. Alcohol can be consumed, no obscene language to embarrass families.
What is it about football that so often attracts problems.

Even more of Madrid fans and local’s doing exactly the same. I have spoken to mate who waited over two hours outside the stadium when they stopped allowing anyone gain entry. UEFA were typically quick to blame fans but in truth they should shoulder most of the blame as there outer perimeter ticket checks where completely inadequate. This resulted in many locals getting close to the stadium to try to steal tickets or climb in.
The use of pepper spray by the police on the innocent fans including woman and children was also outrageous.

A mate of mine that was there said pretty much the same not to mention constant agro from local Moroccan youths targeting anyone they can.

Complete shambles.

To easy to just blame it on fans. Unfortunately, the Scousers past record doesn’t help and it’s to easy to blame them.

The security check process attending large events thesedays seems slow, adding tanked up football fans to that is not a good combination.

Liverpool’s disrespect to the protocols of the fa cup final was poor a few weeks ago, maybe there was a bit of karma for them…as with all these things it is a shame when innocent people get caught up in it.

You've posted that without watching that video. Yes, in the last few days there were Thousands without tickets. But queueing up at the stadium and being attacked, were those with tickets and causing no trouble at all.
No I saw (most of) the video you posted though I don't normally watch Murdoch news-Compare the Sky video (which was obviously filmed later and the Guardian one (presumably taken from French or Spanish TV and you'll see why.FWIW ,this is the best account of the events that I've seen:-https://mobile.twitter.com/thisismpearson/status/153082682516904755 It's clear that the CRS (French riot police) made mistakes but presumably they weren't helped by more than 20,000 scallies trying to get into the Stade de France without tickets,

Last edited:

I'm trying to give a different view here.

This is from a French TV company....... People fighting (in red mostly) and even one Liverpool fan said hundreds of fans are running around causing trouble.

As @RHB pointed out, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle but likewise what @Ricey said, we have a ****ty reputation in the UK for football violence oversea's..
From many reports now coming through, it was French Moroccan men and youths attacking Liverpool fans as they were outside the stadium. What are French Moroccan men, youths doing at the stadium? If not for trouble. You see some police turn hundreds of them back going towards the stadium, but other police let loads through. Why? Of course some Liverpool fans would fight back, I would. They also threw bottles at Liverpool fans that were squashed together near the turnstiles and behind the steel bars. After the match, you see them on one video gang up with Real Madrid fans to attack Liverpool supporters young and old. The French Ms and other French African men then mugged and robbed single or double Liverpool fans that were on their way to the metro.

Back