• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Champions League Final

From many reports now coming through, it was French Moroccan men and youths attacking Liverpool fans as they were outside the stadium. What are French Moroccan men, youths doing at the stadium? If not for trouble. You see some police turn hundreds of them back going towards the stadium, but other police let loads through. Why? Of course some Liverpool fans would fight back, I would. They also threw bottles at Liverpool fans that were squashed together near the turnstiles and behind the steel bars. After the match, you see them on one video gang up with Real Madrid fans to attack Liverpool supporters young and old. The French Ms and other French African men then mugged and robbed single or double Liverpool fans that were on their way to the metro.
Inevitably there will now be an enquiry into the Police handling of the game.Just as inevitably it will be found that the CRS made mistakes aggravated by the huge numbers of Liverpool fans trying to get into the Stade de France without tickets or with counterfeit tickets.While I'm obviously sorry for any genuine Liverpool fan who had a ticket for the game and was kettled and gassed the blame clearly lies with the large numbers of scousers trying o get into the stadium withouth tickets.I wonder how you explain that RM fans, at the other end of the stadium, had no problems getting in to see the match whatsoever?

Last edited:
Careful we mustn’t cast aspersions on those ‘nice’ Liverpool fans. While every sympathy has to go to genuine ticketed fans who experienced issues (or worse) getting in can someone please explain the mentality of tens of thousands making the trip when only 20,000 tickets were allocated to Liverpool fans. I’m completely mystified as to the logic behind this.

Careful we mustn’t cast aspersions on those ‘nice’ Liverpool fans. While every sympathy has to go to genuine ticketed fans who experienced issues (or worse) getting in can someone please explain the mentality of tens of thousands making the trip when only 20,000 tickets were allocated to Liverpool fans. I’m completely mystified as to the logic behind this.

It seems a few people on this thread and on Twitter seem to be letting there football preferences over rule common sense. Sure some fans of both clubs were not angels but nothing too bad and the real villains of the night were clearly the local youths and Police there is a mountain of evidence out there to prove that is the case.

Whilst the French government are frighteningly quick to blame the Liverpool fan’s we should not forget our own government did the same after Hillsborough before proved to be liars many years latter. Just thankful no one died this time as could have been the case.

With regard to the mentality of fans travelling without tickets it has been going on for many years and indeed I did so myself in the 80’s. It is all about the possibility of being able to get in to see your team in the big game if not being there to enjoy the exciting experience and celebrations if successful. There are fan parks now set up for this purpose so it was no surprise that some traveled without match tickets.
Indeed Rangers took even more without tickets to Seville but fortunately there a good decision was made to show the game in another stadium although there were some other issues.

explain the mentality of tens of thousands making the trip when only 20,000 tickets were allocated to Liverpool fans. I’m completely mystified as to the logic behind this.
Because there was a fanzone with a capacity of 44,000 setup in Paris by UEFA that broadcast the match on big screens for Liverpool fans that didn't have a ticket.

From many reports now coming through, it was French Moroccan men and youths attacking Liverpool fans as they were outside the stadium. What are French Moroccan men, youths doing at the stadium? If not for trouble. You see some police turn hundreds of them back going towards the stadium, but other police let loads through. Why? Of course some Liverpool fans would fight back, I would. They also threw bottles at Liverpool fans that were squashed together near the turnstiles and behind the steel bars. After the match, you see them on one video gang up with Real Madrid fans to attack Liverpool supporters young and old. The French Ms and other French African men then mugged and robbed single or double Liverpool fans that were on their way to the metro.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear more from this as the investigations continue.

Yep I don't get why so many Liverpool fans travelled, stay at home, have a beer or 10 and watch it on the box

Because there was a fanzone with a capacity of 44,000 setup in Paris by UEFA that broadcast the match on big screens for Liverpool fans that didn't have a ticket.

Liverpool in the Champions League final Yeah let's all head up there with no ticket, and watch it crammed into a pub or fan park charging upwards of €5 a pint to watch a match that you could quite happily sit at home and watch with a couple of mates in the comfort of your own gaffe. Plus, unless you keep the wrong company your mates aren't going to start chucking beer in the air if they won / scored.

Will be interesting to see how England handle the Final in 2024 (Due at Wembley) after a few issues at the Euro final.

Liverpool in the Champions League final Yeah let's all head up there with no ticket, and watch it crammed into a pub or fan park charging upwards of €5 a pint to watch a match that you could quite happily sit at home and watch with a couple of mates in the comfort of your own gaffe. Plus, unless you keep the wrong company your mates aren't going to start chucking beer in the air if they won / scored.
Just because you personally wouldn't do that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. There were plenty of fanzones for the World Cup semifinal in 2018 (including one with a capacity of 30,000) and it was near-impossible to get a ticket for any of them. For a lot of people just being somewhere with the atmosphere of the final would make the trip worthwhile.

Just because you personally wouldn't do that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. London do fanzones for the Euros and World Cup if England go on a run and it's always near-impossible to get a ticket when it happens.

But they're set up for home fans when England play oversea's, so very different (apart from last year).

Fanszones are fun though, probably not my cup of tea these days because I'm becoming an old fart.

Im told be a colleague who was there, and had a match ticket, that the fanzone pre match entertainment stopped at 1730. I can imagine many ticket less fans, having been on the sauce for several hours, probably thought they'd make the 45 min journey to the stadium and see what happened rather than wait 4 hours for the match.

Maybe it was a bad idea for the fanzone as it encouraged ticketless fans to travel - or maybe the entertainment should've continued until 30 mins before kick off?

Inevitably there will now be an enquiry into the Police handling of the game.Just as inevitably it will be found that the CRS made mistakes aggravated by the huge numbers of Liverpool fans trying to get into the Stade de France without tickets or with counterfeit tickets.While I'm obviously sorry for any genuine Liverpool fan who had a ticket for the game and was kettled and gassed the blame clearly lies with the large numbers of scousers trying o get into the stadium withouth tickets.I wonder how you explain that RM fans, at the other end of the stadium, had no problems getting in to see the match whatsoever?

I really wish you would stop posting this absolute crap on here, there were not "huge numbers of Liverpool fans trying to get in without tickets".

Im told be a colleague who was there, and had a match ticket, that the fanzone pre match entertainment stopped at 1730. I can imagine many ticket less fans, having been on the sauce for several hours, probably thought they'd make the 45 min journey to the stadium and see what happened rather than wait 4 hours for the match.

Maybe it was a bad idea for the fanzone as it encouraged ticketless fans to travel - or maybe the entertainment should've continued until 30 mins before kick off?
Or maybe just have a fanzone in Liverpool?

I really wish you would stop posting this absolute crap on here, there were not "huge numbers of Liverpool fans trying to get in without tickets".
According to an El Pais report yesterday there were between 20,000-40,000 fans either without tickets or with counterfeit tickets.(I thought the higher figure was rather exagerated which was why I didn't link to the article).Interestingly the issue of the large number of countefeit tickets in circulation was mentioned by the French Home Secretary on French national news earlier.That's something I havent seen discused by the UK media.I wonder why?

file:///C:/Users/Joselyne/Downloads/Liverpool%20fans%20collapse%20Saint%20Denis%20and%20cause%20more%20than%20half%20an%20hour%2

Last edited:
According to an El Pais report yesterday there were between 20,000-40,000 fans either without tickets or with counterfeit tickets.(I thought the higher figure was rather exagerated which was why I didn't link to the article).Interestingly the issue of the large number of countefeit tickets in circulation was mentioned by the French Home Secretary on French national news earlier.That's something I havent seen discused by the UK media.I wonder why?
Because experience has taught them not to automatically accept government/police versions of events without corroboration?

file:///C:/Users/Joselyne/Desktop/Liverpool%20fans%20collapse%20Saint%20Denis%20and%20cause%20more%20than%20half%20an%20hour%20of

Complete rubbish that journalists who were ACTUALLY THERE (in both fan areas) have dismissed as pure fantasy and an attempt to save face by the French authorities and UEFA. How you can even defend them is beyond me but I'd expect nothing less from you to be honest.

FYI EL Pais is a sister paper of the Guardian and it was first published after Franco died in 1975 ie when Spain became a modern democracy.
I thought you were asking about the British media: the ones who have in recent years covered: the Hillsborough inquiry which found that the government and police versions in the aftermath were more concerned about protecting reputations than establishing the truth; various Met cover-ups such as the Daniel Morgan case and the toxic culture of the Met; the constant lies for political purposes from the Home Office etc.

I can fully understand why they may ignore police and politician briefings that contradict what their reporters on the ground were experiencing as police and government ministers’ versions given at home repeatedly have little in common with the the truth.

I don’t doubt there were Liverpool fans without tickets but it seems it was poorly organised with 20,000 ticketed fans funnelled through one narrow gap.

Of course it probably wasn’t helped by UEFA awarding it to Russia in the first place and then having to change venue at short notice.

file:///C:/Users/Joselyne/Desktop/Liverpool%20fans%20collapse%20Saint%20Denis%20and%20cause%20more%20than%20half%20an%20hour%20of
Did EL Pais report about Real Madrid's fans joining up with locals after the game to attack the Liverpool fans? The riot police then battered the Liverpool fans that fought back. So they were basically attacked by 3 mobs. More stories coming out now fans are at home and giving their account. From a few different supporters. As mentioned before, some Liverpool fans were mugged and beaten my big gangs of French Moroccan, and French African gangs going back to the Metro. They are saying the police were on one side watching it go on, and any Liverpool fan that went to them for help, got battoned. So they were being attacked from both sides. They are saying that two Liverpool fans that went mad at the police for not helping them after being mugged in full view of the police, were shoved to the ground and had hand pistols pointed at them. That last bit sounds unbelievable, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened.

According to an El Pais report yesterday there were between 20,000-40,000 fans either without tickets or with counterfeit tickets.
I don't think anyone is disputing that tens of thousands of fans were there without tickets, what people are disputing is the narrative that it somehow means all those people must have come to try and break into the stadium.

Back