• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IF we can keep hold of the likes of Lenny, Coker, etc.
IF we can get our key players fit and keep them fit, like Ranger, Coker, Ferdinand, Wordsworth, etc.
IF we can add some quality depth to the squad to replace the likes of O'Neill, Amos, etc.

Then I don't see why we wouldn't be up there.

Rotherham coming down shouldn't be a major threat, Wigan could be contenders, Blackburn could end up in freefall or may do a Bolton. Only Portsmouth could really be contenders if they spend big of the sides coming up.

Scunthorpe seem to have been running out of legs for half the season, Millwall could be contenders but are hit and miss, Bradford and Fleetwood would be contenders.

IF we can keep hold of the likes of Lenny, Coker, etc.
IF we can get our key players fit and keep them fit, like Ranger, Coker, Ferdinand, Wordsworth, etc.
IF we can add some quality depth to the squad to replace the likes of O'Neill, Amos, etc.

Then I don't see why we wouldn't be up there.

Rotherham coming down shouldn't be a major threat, Wigan could be contenders, Blackburn could end up in freefall or may do a Bolton. Only Portsmouth could really be contenders if they spend big of the sides coming up.

Scunthorpe seem to have been running out of legs for half the season, Millwall could be contenders but are hit and miss, Bradford and Fleetwood would be contenders.

We could certainly be there about but how many people would have expected us to challenge after last season. There are a number of mid-table teams like Charlton, Oxford, and Bristol Rovers with a couple of good signings or player breaking through that could challenge like we have this year.

We certainly need some better squad players as we have suffered when Wordsworth, Macca, and Lenny have been out. Trouble is how good is a League One player who will not get regular starts going to be?

Our attacking options for next year look good but we definitely need cover and competition at centre back and full back if White does not sign.

Phil MUST sign guys who will enhance the team and push every player for their start.

Decent start required.

We know it's obvious...one bloke cannot see it though!

Are you having a pop at the guy who has guided a team that was floundering under Luggy ..to an improved league position every year since? How many times in 111 years have we finished higher than 7th in the third tier? A fantastic handful and we will go up next year with PB.
If PB leaves? It could all fall apart.

Are you having a pop at the guy who has guided a team that was floundering under Luggy ..to an improved league position every year since? How many times in 111 years have we finished higher than 7th in the third tier? A fantastic handful and we will go up next year with PB.

The season is 46 games so a bit unfair to pinpoint any games in particular ,but the Charlton game proved you must use the window wisely,if we had drawn then we would be in the PO.

You stated I was saying the obvious,I pointed out it wasn't obvious to some.

Woody having his op this week, should be there or thereabouts for the start of next season. I think if we can keep the key players and improve in certain areas, we can definitely be looking at the autos this time around.

Woody having his op this week, should be there or thereabouts for the start of next season. I think if we can keep the key players and improve in certain areas, we can definitely be looking at the autos this time around.
He seemed to be hobbling and in discomfort when walking, if you see him please give him "best regards" and a man hug!
He seems very professional and very good at talking to the kids.

The season is 46 games so a bit unfair to pinpoint any games in particular ,but the Charlton game proved you must use the window wisely,if we had drawn then we would be in the PO.

You stated I was saying the obvious,I pointed out it wasn't obvious to some.

Just how good do you expect League One squad players to be. Even a limited player like Gary Deegan left because he was not guaranteed first team football.

John White is an excellent squad player in that he can play anyway in the back 4 and will do a solid job. Maybe though we wants more from his footballing life and will drop down a league to play more regularly. I would not blame him

Saying you need players good enough to push all the first team is easy. Finding, signing, and getting them to stay when they are not playing is not.

This is the best squad for a few years. IF PB can add additional quality for the start of next season? It can be great.
One question mark over PB is the length of time he/SUFC takes to get going in the Summer market. We need to identify targets and get them sorted in the first few weeks - not wait until early August.
We need to improve efficiency in transfer targets between May and August!
We can do it!!

Champions 17/18, COYBB

Need to keep Leonard, although do worry a big bid from the Championship and even though I think he really loves the club and fans, money talks.

Need another centre back, another left back, another attacking midfielder definitely as we have not had the strength in depth towards end of the season and injured players or players playing with injuries has cost us that play off spot.

Just reached the LDV final and were sitting a few points off the play offs. Proper floundering yeah. PB has had much worse periods in charge yet remained.

PB screwed up our LDV final by dropping the players that got us there, played Mohsni right out of position and then we finished the season lower than when Sturrock left us. We weren't floundering, we were going through a rough patch, just the same as PB has on more than one occasion

He seemed to be hobbling and in discomfort when walking, if you see him please give him "best regards" and a man hug!
He seems very professional and very good at talking to the kids.

Lol, should see him later - I get a proper hug though, not a "man" one! Will pass on your best wishes. He's a great bloke, they're nearly all good with the kids. I liked the fact Lenny gave away his boots today and walked round in his socks, just something to make one youngster feel special.

Lol, should see him later - I get a proper hug though, not a "man" one! Will pass on your best wishes. He's a great bloke, they're nearly all good with the kids. I liked the fact Lenny gave away his boots today and walked round in his socks, just something to make one youngster feel special.

Also saw on twitter that Lenny gave his match shirt and training top to a couple of young supporters, what an absolute star he is! You wouldn't get a prem player doing that.

Ten times in the last thirty years.

Depends who stays and who goes and who replaces them. Champions under PB? Unlikely. Challenging for play offs, possibly.

Back