• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Championship Playoffs

I have to say much kudos to our new friends, the Southampton fans for in the main going bedecked in yellow to Pride Park, they fully sold out their 5,000 tickets and some of the shots of the away-end look well impressive!

Oh & nice new yellow away kit too, Southampton FC, mainly the reason as to why they're all wearing yellow and going mad at evefry set-piece with Uxbridge Shrimper's (oh & Yorkshire Blue's too) favourite chant "YELLLLOOOOOOOWWWS"

i tell you what... both legs of the tie were probably up there as 2 of the best games ive watched (on telly) this season... for a neutral it was great football

Gutted for the Saints fans, I like to think there was a little piece of Southend United in their hearts as we taught them the true meaning of supporters whilst at St Marys!

Think I might take a trip over to that Saints forum to offer my comiserations!

I was quite fancying us trying to get Leon Best in on loan as he did well for Yeovil at L1 level but not after last night's showing, think Leon Constantine but with less of a first touch (that's saying something!), not a lot he could have done about the own-goal (although for me that's the danger of this new trend of pulling stirkers back for set-pieces) plus one of the worst penalties you're ever likely to see.

Derby play horrible horrible football, last night until Barnes came on (clearly only half-fit) they were very one-dimensional lumping the ball up to Stevie Howard, very very physical too I thought. A shame as I'd say technically Southampton were the better football side! Burley will need to be careful they don't suffer a playoffs hangover!

Bit of a shame, I'd rather have seen Saints go up than Derby. Hopefully West Brom (can't see Wolves beating them) will do them in the final.
Hopefully Southampton can regroup and get automatic promotion next term...

Back