• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chances Of Promotion at Bournemouth ?

wrongun

Just a thought...I have read a few times that this seems to be the game giving us a chance of promotion...I know we shouldn't count our chickens etc.. A long way to go etc.... Concentrate on the games coming up etc... I know all of that, the reason I ask is that a pal of mine who has done most away games this season cannot make Bournemouth away. SO I just want to know what people think of this actually happening and should my said friend do something drastic to make sure he can make this away day ??

Absolutely zero. We're 9 points clear, even if we picked up 9 points against MK, Hartlepool and Bournemouth the best we could be is 18 clear with 6 to play (and that's highly unlikely).

Very slim to nil.

79 points (i.e. if we were to win against MK Dons, Hartlepool and Bournemouth) won't be enough for auto-promotion. Even if we keep winning (and that is a very, very big if), promotion is extremely unlikely to take place before the Easter weekend - either Gills at home or Barnsley away.

Matt

I reckon the earliest we can realistically get promoted is Gillingham

No way, i'm torn between Barnsley (Away) and Doncaster (Home).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 14 2006,12:08)]Very slim to nil.

79 points (i.e. if we were to win against MK Dons, Hartlepool and Bournemouth) won't be enough for auto-promotion.  Even if we keep winning (and that is a very, very big if), promotion is extremely unlikely to take place before the Easter weekend - either Gills at home or Barnsley away.

Matt
Cheers mate...Not the best at Maths...Looks like I was concerned for no reason...!!!

Look how far Reading are in the table and even they have not been 'guaranteed' promotion yet.

It is just a clock countdown for them, however we still need to pick up another 15 points in my opinion. I can see it being on the last day of the season myself before it is assured...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Mar. 14 2006,12:15)]Look how far Reading are in the table and even they have not been 'guaranteed' promotion yet.

It is just a clock countdown for them, however we still need to pick up another 15 points in my opinion.  I can see it being on the last day of the season myself before it is assured...
IMO Reading can go on holiday now and still win the division.
Knowing Southend they will keep us guessing until we play Bristol City
glare.gif
rock.gif

Hope we dont need anything from the last two games.

Im hoping we will have it sorted by Doncaster.

I hope that we will be up by the Swansea game, so we can invade their pitch 5 mins before the end whilst we're ahead and get the ref to blow up early in a game where THEY desperately need the points.

OK, bad idea but it would be fun...

I think we'll secure promotion at Easter, and would hope we could close out the top spot before the last game so we can have it presented at Roots Hall on the Brizzle City game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Mar. 14 2006,13:02)]I hope that we will be up by the Swansea game, so we can invade their pitch 5 mins before the end whilst we're ahead and get the ref to blow up early in a game where THEY desperately need the points.

I think we'll secure promotion at Easter, and would hope we could close out the top spot before the last game so we can have it presented at Roots Hall on the Brizzle City game.
Mate. Where you been? Havent seen you on here for ages!

Hows it going?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ Mar. 14 2006,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Mar. 14 2006,13:02)]I hope that we will be up by the Swansea game, so we can invade their pitch 5 mins before the end whilst we're ahead and get the ref to blow up early in a game where THEY desperately need the points.

Mate. Where you been? Havent seen you on here for ages!

Hows it going?
Too busy at work to have kept up with SZ recently, will be putting in some more appearances at the Hall and away games again soon.

Also have to start saving for expensive Championship ticket prices in my first year with a mortgage...
sad.gif

I have it on good authority that we will get promoted while playing Donny at home

cool.gif

This will lead to a slightly slimmed down version of 4 weddings and a funeral being played out somewhere near Edinburgh

mad.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Mar. 14 2006,16:23)]I have it on good authority that we will get promoted while playing Donny at home

cool.gif

This will lead to a slightly slimmed down version of 4 weddings and a funeral being played out somewhere near Edinburgh

mad.gif

tounge.gif
So long as the funeral's not mine, then that's OK...

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 14 2006,16:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Mar. 14 2006,16:23)]I have it on good authority that we will get promoted while playing Donny at home

cool.gif

mad.gif

tounge.gif
So long as the funeral's not mine, then that's OK...

oops.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

according to club we had sold 600 tickets as of 5pm today when I bought mine for Bournemuff. Not bad given game is three weeks away and only on sale to seaso's at the mo.

up the blues

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Mar. 14 2006,16:50)]I'd love it to be Gills that we go up, but that's mainly because it looks like that'll be one of the last games (if not the last) game I'll see this season.
yeah me too! my mate might be coming for up for the game and he is a gills fan so it would be FANTASTIC if victory over them sealed our passage to the champoinship!

In an ideal world we wrap up promotion in our penultimate home game against Donny, meaning Swansea isnt 'AS' important, then we move into our final game at home to Brizzle to secure the title...

That way we get to celebrate twice, on our own patch!.

Its the stuff dreams are made of....

biggrin.gif

Back