• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

baddowblue

Athough I regularly view this site I am not moved to post comments but not being able to travel to away games and with the last two positive results against Cheltenham and Oxford I want to ask the following questions to those that have witnessed these wins: -

1. What if anything has changed - have we been lucky?
2. Are we playing better and / or a different style?
3. Is it just coincidence that this turn around has occurred after the dismissal of Tommy Widdrington - was he to blame for our poor performances?

Looking forward to your comments.

1. I don't think we have been lucky. The performance against Cheltenham was excellent - we played some really good stuff, created lots of chances and it should have been a 4-0 score line to us.
2. We are playing better, but the style has changed back to playing on the floor. (remember Torquay at home?)
3. Not sure if it is a concidence or not, but the chance in the last two games (since he left) has been a marked difference. Let's hope it continues!

1. We got a slice of luck yesterday with Clohessy's goal, but we seemed to play with more confidence.
2. The hoofball has gone and playing football from back to front was there for all to see.
3. No I do not think it a coincidence, yes we had some good performances when he was here, however, his constant berating of the players and the abuse he showed is now no longer there, the players seem more relaxed. So maybe not to blame for all our poor performances but definitely a contributing factor.

1. We got a slice of luck yesterday with Clohessy's goal, but we seemed to play with more confidence.
2. The hoofball has gone and playing football from back to front was there for all to see.
3. No I do not think it a coincidence, yes we had some good performances when he was here, however, his constant berating of the players and the abuse he showed is now no longer there, the players seem more relaxed. So maybe not to blame for all our poor performances but definitely a contributing factor.

Are you sure that it was a lucky goal as it seemed to me that we didn't have anyone within 15 yards of the "cross" and the keeper was off his line ? Perhaps it was a meticulously placed shot !

I think Widdrington's style maybe didn't help. That works for some but not for others.

I think it's taken some time for the players to gel, plus Sturrock has tried a few things in order to establish what his best line up/formation is. It takes time. As I have said from the start of the season, I think we'll do well from here on in.

I was told that every member of the squad bar NONE were delighted to see the back of Widdrington. He completely and utterly alienated them with the way that he spoke to them in the dressing room after Sturrock had had his say and left.

Back