• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Got this e-mail this morning, don't know whether the change in name will mean a change in service?

Within the next six weeks your club will be launching a new website. This website will feature a range of new features, including a new name for our PlayerHD service which will become iFollow.

The new iFollow service will continue to contain all the great features of PlayerHD, and as a fan outside of the UK you will have the opportunity to live stream full video coverage of selected games* played by your club from the start of the 17/18 season. This is not available as part of any iFollow subscription during the remaining period of the 2016/17 season.

As a result of these changes, your club PlayerHD service will end at some point between May the 9th and June the 6th 2017 and become iFollow. Below we have outlined how this change will impact for your PlayerHD subscription:

If you subscribe on a rolling monthly basis:

- No further payment will be taken after May the 3rd 2017

- You will have 30 days of access from the date of your final payment, including access to iFollow for any period after May the 3rd when your subscription is still active.

- After 30 days from the last collection your subscription will end.

- From that point you will have the option of purchasing a new iFollow package.

If you subscribe on an Annual basis:

- There will be no automatic renewal of your annual subscription

- You will have full access to PlayerHD (and iFollow at the point your club site moves to the new platform) until June the 9th 2017.

- We will process a pro-rata refund of any subscription fee you have already paid relating to the period after June the 9th 2017.

- From June 9th 2017 you will have the option of purchasing new iFollow products.

- Your refund will be processed over the next few weeks, and in some cases may have started already.

In both cases, the cost of iFollow will be an increase on PlayerHD, to recognise the enhancements to the product. Most notably, the inclusion of the live match streaming (above).

The terms and conditions for any subscription you purchase to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you register for iFollow.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our finance team directly at iFollow@efl.com.

Many thanks
EFL Digital

Got this e-mail this morning, don't know whether the change in name will mean a change in service?

Within the next six weeks your club will be launching a new website. This website will feature a range of new features, including a new name for our PlayerHD service which will become iFollow.

The new iFollow service will continue to contain all the great features of PlayerHD, and as a fan outside of the UK you will have the opportunity to live stream full video coverage of selected games* played by your club from the start of the 17/18 season. This is not available as part of any iFollow subscription during the remaining period of the 2016/17 season.

As a result of these changes, your club PlayerHD service will end at some point between May the 9th and June the 6th 2017 and become iFollow. Below we have outlined how this change will impact for your PlayerHD subscription:

- You will have 30 days of access from the date of your final payment, including access to iFollow for any period after May the 3rd when your subscription is still active.

- You will have full access to PlayerHD (and iFollow at the point your club site moves to the new platform) until June the 9th 2017.

- We will process a pro-rata refund of any subscription fee you have already paid relating to the period after June the 9th 2017.

- From June 9th 2017 you will have the option of purchasing new iFollow products.

- Your refund will be processed over the next few weeks, and in some cases may have started already.

In both cases, the cost of iFollow will be an increase on PlayerHD, to recognise the enhancements to the product. Most notably, the inclusion of the live match streaming (above).

The terms and conditions for any subscription you purchase to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you register for iFollow.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our finance team directly at iFollow@efl.com.

Many thanks
EFL Digital

All very interesting but HOW MUCH?

Just received the following email about changes to Blues Player.

Any thoughts?

<Closing your Player HD account
PlayerHD <playerhd@online.efl.com>

EFL Digital

Many thanks
EFL Digital

* Conditions apply, only selected Sky Bet EFL games in which the Club plays, if any, will be available (i.e. no Carabao Cup, FA Cup or other games.) Some Sky Bet EFL games will be unavailable if selected for broadcast. Further details about the games available for live stream on iFollow will be set out on the new Club website when launched on May the 9th, along with details of available subscription packages. A full list of the available games will be made available in due course.
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
EFL Digital Ltd
Tel: 01772 325800 Fax: 01772 325801
enquiries@efl.com

EFL Digital Ltd. Registered Office – EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston PR1 8HU.
Registered No: 4112553.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe<

Looks as though if you're abroad (or using a VPN...) you'll be able to watch live streams of every game for £110 a season. http://mobile.efl.com//news/article...ifollow-unveiled-for-global-fans-3703898.aspx

So, the basic idea behind this is that fans who support EFL clubs living abroad can watch their team play live. Great idea? Yes....but!

I understand the idea, but what about the fans of EFL teams who can't get to games, who live in the UK? I have friends who support Southend who live in Glasgow, Newcastle and Plymouth. They never really get the chance to get to Roots Hall or many away games. Also, what about fans with disabilities who can't attend games. They could open up this up a bit more. I guess the worry is that if more people pay for the streaming service, then less people will attend games. As mentioned though, I think a reliable VPN might be useful come August.

£110.00 per season, are they having a laugh.:thumbdown:

if you want to use it in the UK just change your ip address to one abroad.

I wonder how long it will take the streamers to hack the match feeds? :smile:

Neulion run the backend of this and they're really hot nowadays on VPN usage. A good, paid-for one might get around it but it isn't as easy as it used to be with their offerings (I've a few of their subscriptions)

I think a tenner a month for every game live is a steal.

So, the basic idea behind this is that fans who support EFL clubs living abroad can watch their team play live. Great idea? Yes....but!

I understand the idea, but what about the fans of EFL teams who can't get to games, who live in the UK? I have friends who support Southend who live in Glasgow, Newcastle and Plymouth. They never really get the chance to get to Roots Hall or many away games. Also, what about fans with disabilities who can't attend games. They could open up this up a bit more. I guess the worry is that if more people pay for the streaming service, then less people will attend games. As mentioned though, I think a reliable VPN might be useful come August.
It's illegal to show live football between 3pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday afternoon in the UK, whether it is an online stream, TV or whatever.

The law only applies in the UK and not abroad hence why for example, if the clásico is played at 3pm on a Saturday, Sky have to wait and show it "as live" at 5:15.

VPN would be the only way round it for anyone desperate to do it from elsewhere in the UK, but finding a reliable one can be easier said than done and end up costing too.

Ah, this beats listening to Paul Clarke! Happy days!

Is it "selected" games or all the games?

Living in China and an avid Blues supporter I was pleased to see this news link this morning. A fellow EFL supporter i work with sent it to me. Great news for us - understand the gripes for those based in the UK. Shame they don't release all the news for all supporters at once to avoid unrest.

Most overseas supporters may be out of a realistic viewable time zone. So will happily pay 110quid if the service and stream is reliable and they show a highlights/re-run option.

If I lived abroad and wasn't able to see my team, £110 is nothing for the chance to watch every game, I'd be in like a shot.

I can understand why it's not available to UK fans and I don't have a problem with it. Why spend loads going to an away game if you could just stream it? The atmospheres would suffer for sure. Also there are rules about showing 3pm kick offs in this country as mentioned earlier in the thread.

If I lived abroad and wasn't able to see my team, £110 is nothing for the chance to watch every game, I'd be in like a shot.

I can understand why it's not available to UK fans and I don't have a problem with it. Why spend loads going to an away game if you could just stream it? The atmospheres would suffer for sure. Also there are rules about showing 3pm kick offs in this country as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Well, if your life is about to change and money is going to become very tight.......sadly I can no longer say it's nothing!:sad:

It's a lot of money. But it is good value for the service being offered. Just over £2 a week for live access to every game that your club plays is difficult to argue with.

this is the most exciting thing to have happened since, well, Bristol Rovers' 3rd equaliser.

Ha, yes it was exciting wasn't it? Tremendous finish to a roller coaster of a season which I thoroughly enjoyed - I'd have enjoyed it more if Millwall's second goal had been given offside though..... Anyway, on to the shrewd summer signings, clever contract renewals and storming start to next season, even if I can't watch it streamed live.

Wow. As an overseas exile, this is the most exciting thing to have happened since, well, Bristol Rovers' 3rd equaliser. And this time the excitement should last a bit longer.

Don't celebrate too much. Ireland appears not to be included, I assume because Sky own the rights to Football League live games in the UK & Ireland.

It will be streamed free of charge on a match day online somewhere. Great news for those away games when I'm working

I like(Not personally,similarly !!) Fat Grandad am exiled in the West of Ireland and have received a mail saying I have a refund to my subscription but no further info so was mystified .Now we know why.

As have read todays Echo on line have a poser for you

Stobart talking about rekindling the flight from Southend to Dublin. I am ten minutes from Shannon airport and so potentially in flying distance of Home !and the Hall or F.F.
Shannon also has US preclearance facilities,a first class airport and less crowded than Dublin plus the delights of The West of Ireland .
Please start a campaign for Stobart to fly to Shannon instead.

Thanks for the info Beefy

This explains why refund and no sweetener.

In Natalie Woods arms one minute then landed in the mud as live in Ireland:pig:

Back