• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we make changes to the Prediction League?

• Yes - Let's have a Third Division

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No - I would cry if I got relegated to the Third Division

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes - Lets have a default for missed predictions

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No - If you miss TOUGH

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • yes - Let's increase the points for Southend scorers

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No - If it's not broke don't fix it

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
While I am away (for No. 10, 11 and 12 Fixtures) a couple of proposed changes for the next session, it’s your Prediction League so I will abide by the majority decision. It makes no difference to me and very little extra work so let me have your views:

A Division Three?
We have now increased to 60 from 40 Predictors and for the coming session I have increased Division One to 30 and about the same for Division Two. It has been suggested that we should have three divisions if our numbers continue to grow. So it’s Up to you what do you think?

Default for missed Wildcards, Scorers or Predictions?
Most of us at some stage forget our wildcards or Scorer or forget to predict at all. My suggestion is that at the start of the next session you could set up your own defaults such as: “all 6 matches 2-1, Ist match wildcard, Corr for scorer” then if you miss your default would apply. The default for missing your predictions altogether would not apply to the first week of each session or for more than two consecutive weeks. The default for missed would apply to the Main PL, the Southend PL but NOT the Cup (it would be unfair if someone was knocked out by their opponents default).

Increased points for Southend scorers?
Now this is a really silly idea but imagine Southend were to score more than once in a match. If so then you would gain points if the scorer you have named has scored first, second or whenever. i.e when we beat Stevenage 2-0 you would gain two points for Weston or for Coker. Furthermore if you had Barry Corr and he scored a hat-trick you would gain 6 (3 x 2) points.

Well that’s it have a ponder or any other ideas shout out.

DoDtS

How about points for first scorer when you predict "none" - ie, our fearsome strikeforce let us down. Always found it odd that you could predict 0-0 but have to pick a scorer!

Personally I don't see any need to change. We all know where to find the PL fixtures, it's up to us to remember them (sometimes with a little nudge :winking: and having to miss out on those little nudges for a few weeks means the onus is more on us!) As always here though, I'm happy to go with the majority in this.

Interesting ideas. I think a 3rd division is a good idea (even though I would be in it!) as it creates more interest re promotion/relegation. For Southend scorers how about if your scorer scores first you get opts, if they score later you get 1pt?

Drastic™;1664083 said:
For Southend scorers how about if your scorer scores first you get opts, if they score later you get 1pt?

Good idea, but the vote seems to be going away from the idea. If it did happen I agree you name one scorer, if he scores fitst 2 points, for every other scorer 1 point, if your scorer scores twice then you points for both.

I much prefer the new rule I am abiding by. Get all results wrong and gain TEN points for doing so I don't mean just the score but the overall result.

I would be top by now :blush:

Back