• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
Haven't seen this mentioned and just wanted to bring it up. Not sure many probably realised it happened.

I was disgusted with some of the chanting coming from Block W (I was in the middle so could hear it loud and clear). There was a guy in their end who was about 3/4 foot tall, and so a large number of the fans in Block W found it hilarious to chant 'Hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to work we go' for a good while. Not only that but they even directly abused him.

Disgusting that so many so called fans would do that, you can expect a few idiots but not so many. We wouldn't find it funny to have a go at a black fan nowadays, surely this is just as bad (and almost worse, as he was much more in the minority in this case).

Fair play to the guy, I didn't see him react once all game.

I think this was just a carry over from the same chant started for Danny Stevens of Torquay a few weeks ago. To be honest they were calling True Blue a fat ******* so whats the difference?

The guy is probably well used to it - that's not defending it though, but I'm sure he knows his own shortcomings!

(sorry!!!)

I think this was just a carry over from the same chant started for Danny Stevens of Torquay a few weeks ago. To be honest they were calling True Blue a fat ******* so whats the difference?

The difference is that you are allowed to have a go at Fat, thin ,tall, short, spotty, ugly people, but you can't shout anything about a Black or Muslim.

There are limits to what's funny. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go 'ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced.' Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.

I would also so add that its a bit sad that shouting at a dwarf was the only time the Blue Voice (and the whole stadium or that matter) ever really got going and created some noise....

what happened to encouraging the team, you can come up with a song to demean a handicapped person within an hour, takes around 3 seasons to create a song to encourage an individual player....

At least a fat person can do something about it.

Haven't seen this mentioned and just wanted to bring it up. Not sure many probably realised it happened.

I was disgusted with some of the chanting coming from Block W (I was in the middle so could hear it loud and clear). There was a guy in their end who was about 3/4 foot tall, and so a large number of the fans in Block W found it hilarious to chant 'Hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to work we go' for a good while. Not only that but they even directly abused him.

Disgusting that so many so called fans would do that, you can expect a few idiots but not so many. We wouldn't find it funny to have a go at a black fan nowadays, surely this is just as bad (and almost worse, as he was much more in the minority in this case).

Fair play to the guy, I didn't see him react once all game.

Fred is there not a bible you need to go a read??? Seriously follow the teachings of TrueBlue and worry about what your doing not others

Peace be with you chap!

Back