• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

czabby

can someone enlighten me as to the ,er "lyrics" to a couple of the chants that rock around roots hall....firstly the one that was chanted for a good few minutes at the beginning and end of the game with the drummer going a bit nuts!!! ..secondly the one that goes woah woah woaaaah....i feel im missing out by just whistling the tune...cheers!!

Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone know the one that goes "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la"?

Was waiting for the game to kick of yesterday, when over thr tanoy system they played BoB Marleys "Jamming"

Now i was singing the song to myself and was replacing the word JAMMING with SOUTHEND, and lyrically it was working quite well, if you know the words or have the 7" record, then try it.

Were Southend
Were Southend
and i know you love Southend to .... etc...:smile:

Snr.

Nothing to do with chants, but can anyone remember the name of the piece of music we have as the intro just before the players come out? Starts slow and speeds up, we've played it for years at the start of games. Friend's lad who comes along wanted to know and I couldn't remember for the life of me but I know it's been discussed here before.

Nothing to do with chants, but can anyone remember the name of the piece of music we have as the intro just before the players come out? Starts slow and speeds up, we've played it for years at the start of games. Friend's lad who comes along wanted to know and I couldn't remember for the life of me but I know it's been discussed here before.

Bolero - Steve Sharples

[video=youtube;yV-oyCCmUig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV-oyCCmUig[/video]

Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone know the one that goes "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la"?
That sounds very much like Hot Love by TRex in the early 70s , it used to go La La La Southend FC , La La La Southend FC , and so on .:thumbsup:

Kay, check with Ben, as I believe he still does all the music

can someone enlighten me as to the ,er "lyrics" to a couple of the chants that rock around roots hall....firstly the one that was chanted for a good few minutes at the beginning and end of the game with the drummer going a bit nuts!!! ..secondly the one that goes woah woah woaaaah....i feel im missing out by just whistling the tune...cheers!!
I think you mean ,
we love you, we love you, we love you
And everywhere we follow, we follow,we follow
cause we support the Southend,the Southend, the Southend
and we all hate the col u , the col u, the col u
woah, woah , woahhhhh

I think you mean ,
we love you, we love you, we love you
And everywhere we follow, we follow,we follow
cause we support the Southend,the Southend, the Southend
and we all hate the col u , the col u, the col u
woah, woah , woahhhhh

thanks united we stand...any idea on the other one?

Does anyone know what the lyrics are to the song everywhere we go , everywhere we go

Does anyone know what the lyrics are to the song everywhere we go , everywhere we go

Ron Likes this one.
It's the same old story, yeah
Everywhere I go,
I get slandered, libeled,
I hear words I never heard in the Bible
And I'm one step ahead of the shoe shine
Two steps away from the county line
Just trying to keep my customers satisfied,
Satisfied.

Everywhere we go,
The people always asks us
who we are
and where we come from
so we tell them
who we are
and where we come from
we are the army
southend's blue and white army
Blue and white army, blue and white army

thanks united we stand...any idea on the other one?

Everywhere we go
Everywhere we go
Its southend boys making all he noise every where we go

As you said on Saturday it looked like we had all three sides singing together at the end, a nd that doesn't happen often !

Songsheets will be on sale outside the ground tomorrow night or available from all bad book shops.

Back