• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Please turn to page 53 to sing Hymn number 523 titled.....Youre going home in a Southend Ambulance, and a one two three......"

The original was from the early seventies.

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly,
Have you heard of the North bank Highbury,
Shanks said no, I don't think so,
But I've heard of the Southend,
North bank.

I remember as a kid in the north bank thinking that this was actually true.
Us kids were pushed to the front to hang on the wall and when the surge came from a shot on or near target we thought it was great. Bloody dangerous in hindsight.

At a slight tangent .... if things go well at Morecambe then the odd verse of "Give me sunshine" might be appropriate ......:smile:

I think come full time and we clinch promotion i shall shed a tear if i hear "you are my southend, my only southend, you make me happy when skies are grey, youll never know dear how much i love you oh please dont take my southend away"

We're going up with Tango as boss
We're going up 8 games without loss

Also, translates OK with "Going up with Penney & Brown"

Come to think of it, actually translates better with "Going Down ..." .. So, possibly not.:blush:

We're going up with Tango as boss

First line translates in Chinese ok as well.....

我们将与探戈作为老板

Wǒmen jiāng yǔ tàngē zuòwéi lǎobǎn - If you want to have a go at pronouncing it:smiles:

Back