• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chara cracks Pacioretty's neck - league does nothing

Zdeno Chara, surely the ugliest man in professional sports, and chief punk of the goon squad that is the Boston Bruins, deliberately smashed Montreal forward Max Pacioretty into the 'turnbuckle' at the Bell Centre and walked away scot free. The two players had a simmering feud going after Pacioretty embarrassed Chara after scoring in overtime in a previous encounter, but the league thought there was 'no intent to injure' - an absurd decision which only starts to make sense when you consider that Boston defenseman Gregory Campbell's father is on the league committee that made the call. Here's a clip of the sickening incident:

[video=youtube;jimZ1tSdPY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jimZ1tSdPY0[/video]

It's time for the Habs to put on the foil for the rematch on March 24.

saw this yesterday, the hit is horrendous, however do you believe he purposely slammed him into that turnbuckle bit? I think it was a late hit and it was just really unfortunate that it occured where it did. How are rinks allowed to have that head-height piece of vertical glass???!

saw this yesterday, the hit is horrendous, however do you believe he purposely slammed him into that turnbuckle bit? I think it was a late hit and it was just really unfortunate that it occured where it did. How are rinks allowed to have that head-height piece of vertical glass???!

If there was no history between the players, I'd be willing to accept that this was an unfortunate accident, but there's been something brewing between the two clubs for decades and between these two players for the last month. I do agree that rink design needs to be looked at carefully, and that extra padding needs to be placed on the area where the glass meets the benches.

If there was no history between the players, I'd be willing to accept that this was an unfortunate accident, but there's been something brewing between the two clubs for decades and between these two players for the last month. I do agree that rink design needs to be looked at carefully, and that extra padding needs to be placed on the area where the glass meets the benches.

ahh ok, i know nothing really about NHL

Back