• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chariteeee

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I must admit I am confused at the moment.....so many people are doing runs,cycle rides, jumping out of planes,cutting their left arms off.

What is going on? I am all for helping out wherever I can but seem to be inundated with these causes..

Is it due to the recession or people suddenly having a heart or a guilt complex in this bad economic climate...Is the money pledged going to the causes mentioned or to some despot running a foreign land.

If it is humanity finally waking up to knowing we are "all one"..then fantastic.

Help in clearing this up would be greatful.

I think, and this is only my opinion so obviously perfectly possibly wrong, that there are two reasons, one of which has two separate but very similar reasons. This is inspiration to do something in the name of a particular charity because of something that has either happened to you, or something that has happened to someone you know. You are therefore wanting to show gratitude and to help a charity which has hopefully benefitted yourself or someone close, or is in memory of someone a charity has tried to help, in other words, you've been inspired to take part because of a personal connection. Generally the reason behind most of the fun runners in the London Marathon, for instance.

The other reason is that people are taken on challenges more in this health conscious age and using whatever their challenge is as a fund raising possibility for a charity of their choice or in the name of a particular charity. With either way, it's usually a personal reason that you pick your charity.

Back