• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charity cup chats

czabby

Just wanted to big up the guy (young kid really) who has done a series of interviews on you tube under the heading “Essex charity cup”. I’ve not watched them all yet but particularly liked the Matt Harold one who ended up in tears talking about Justin Edinburgh and the most recent which is a very very honest interview with Kevin bond...he doesn’t seem to get as many views or subscribers as some of the podcasts or other Southend related stuff on you tube but he seems to pull in both current and ex players who are happy to answer his questions in detail...not sure how he gets them but well done!

Absolutely, Rylee is a young man committed to raising lots of money through the Essex Charity Cup and he's done some great interviews, as well as raising £10k.

He's also helping us with SUEPA, it's a shame that Matt Harold doesn't feel able to sign up to it.

Absolutely, Rylee is a young man committed to raising lots of money through the Essex Charity Cup and he's done some great interviews, as well as raising £10k.

He's also helping us with SUEPA, it's a shame that Matt Harold doesn't feel able to sign up to it.

Why won’t he sign up?

I think he fears the reaction. Footballers have feelings, contrary to what some might think.
I spoke to him a few years back for something and the first thing he said to me was to apologise for letting Southend fans down when he was here and saying he wished he’d been able to be better. Nicest bloke around and happy to help with anything he could, but clearly struggles when looking back on the time he spent here and with some of the stick he’s had when he’s come back, you can’t blame him.

I think he fears the reaction. Footballers have feelings, contrary to what some might think.

Why would he fear the reaction, I saw him score a hat trick against Witham! As much as I wasn’t overly impressed with his tenure at the club joining SUEPA shows he cares about the club. Because he did get some abuse as a player as have others who have also joined. If he was to be introduced to the crowd at a game as a SUEPA guest I’d give him a good reception even though I didn’t rate him as a player with us. He pulled on the Southend United shirt and played his heart out for the club it just didn’t work out for him here.

Rylee has done great with these interviews and he’s pulled in some fantastic guests. It’s great to have some Southend United content creators as there aren’t many of us

Especially with no live games to go to, it all certainly goes a long way in filling the void

As a side note, that is sad how Matt Harold feels about SUEPA. You could never have faulted the guys effort, he was a trier. Something that has been sorely missing of late

I can remember a game that probably just summed his tenure up as “hows your luck” - he’d clearly broken his nose so would have been easy for him to come off but we’d used all 3 subs so he stayed on and ended up getting sent off. I think that just shows his attitude and how determined he was to win people over

He's had some great guests on and all for a great cause as well. Finished the Bond one yesterday and fair play to them both. Some pressing questions at times and some real honesty from Bond. I can still see why it didn't work out, but he appeared genuinely gutted. Think coaching is the route he should continue to go down.

If you have any loose change you can still donate below

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/essexcharitycup2020

Really enjoyed the interview with Bond - first one I've watched, but will be flicking back through some of the others. Bond did come across quite well, as he had answers for most questions and did seem quite genuine in being upset that it didn't go as he would have liked.

I just love that we have some Southend fan made content being produced.

Rylee's Essex cup chats

Custard Splat Podcast

D1versity (youtube vlogs)

To name just a few, probably missed out on others. The more the merrier.

I just love that we have some Southend fan made content being produced.

Rylee's Essex cup chats

Custard Splat Podcast

D1versity (youtube vlogs)

To name just a few, probably missed out on others. The more the merrier.

Agreed it’s nice to have other content outside of the club and Chris Phillips.

Completely changed my opinion of KB having watched the video. Thought he spoke from the heart and he was quite open and honest as he recounted individual games and explained some of his decision making. Learnt more than your average post BBC Essex interview!

Yea same here, seemed really honest and tried his best. I also think he was really unlucky with his signings - I remember in the summer we were signing them there was quite a bit of excitement and optimism around over each.

The way he went into detail about Ridgewell was quite interesting too and the fact that basically after that appearance for us, he was absolutely shot (Ridgewell). Seems like he couldn't get over it - but from what Bond said, Liam was super impressive and a model pro.... at least initially.

That’s the first time I’ve listened to the Bond interview. What it confirmed to me was that it was the wrong appointment and the fella was sadly out of his depth and out of ideas for a team in our league/position/crap run of form.. however his intentions were good. Clearly there’s more to it but he’s kept the “all the lads were fantastic” line .. to his credit I guess. I was surprised he defended the players’ fitness ... guess he would. Great interview though.
Interesting to hear about Bish and Kelman being first in the gym, no surprise. That’s the attitude we need moving forward!! Plus a proper man manager and motivator .. someone who knows when to put an arm round a player and when to bollock them....certainly not patronise them!

Also a great interview with Mark Phillips in #3 of this series where he talks about his partnership with Chris Barker and with great honesty about how Phil Brown did not treat him very well

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I’m new to this website so not really sure how it works! Every guest I’ve had on the show have been a credit to themselves and spoken from the heart, no hiding away from the usual answers we see in a professional club atmosphere.
Matt especially has been fantastic in helping me raising money for The Justin Edinburgh Foundation and Havens- not just through the podcast but other methods too. I’m hoping to have him come to our match (when it’s safe to be played) so maybe we can show him the southend love then!

As mentioned above, there are 10 other episodes for you all to enjoy, including John White, Taylor Moore and Mark Phillips! If you follow @essexcharitycup on twitter you can also keep up to date with further developments. Thanks all!

Yeh I like this kid , he’s still young and building his craft but he got potential. Good luck to him. Going to binge watch them all later just finished Matt Harold as I always see him in the gym.

maybe a little merge with custard splat could be sexual.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I’m new to this website so not really sure how it works! Every guest I’ve had on the show have been a credit to themselves and spoken from the heart, no hiding away from the usual answers we see in a professional club atmosphere.
Matt especially has been fantastic in helping me raising money for The Justin Edinburgh Foundation and Havens- not just through the podcast but other methods too. I’m hoping to have him come to our match (when it’s safe to be played) so maybe we can show him the southend love then!

As mentioned above, there are 10 other episodes for you all to enjoy, including John White, Taylor Moore and Mark Phillips! If you follow @essexcharitycup on twitter you can also keep up to date with further developments. Thanks all!

Are these available as podcasts on iTunes?

Back