• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charity Day at Little Havens. Not 14th June

McNasty

Last night I presented Hawkwell Blue (Nick) with a cheque for £300 that was generously donated by members of ShrimperZone in memory of his daughter Katie.
Little Havens Children's Hospice rely on people's help to survive and it has been decided that you, the good people of ShrimperZone, can assist the hospice by volunteering to work there on a Saturday in the close season and donating a sum (perhaps a minimum of £25 each) for the privilege.

It is anticipated that we would work as a gang doing various manual / odd-jobs ie gardening, painting whilst raising some money for this very worthy cause.

We will need volunteers to support this effort to prove that Southend United football fans are full of heart and do not poo in local resident's gardens, as suggested by certain people re the new ground.

Please put your name down to volunteer, the date will be decided later.

I think that's a bit off actually - surely if you volunteer you are giving of your time, or alternatively you are donating money, not both. I'm all for a working party if they want some decorating or gardening or something doing in the name of Southend Utd but I ain't paying for the priviledge.

I think that's a bit off actually - surely if you volunteer you are giving of your time, or alternatively you are donating money, not both. I'm all for a working party if they want some decorating or gardening or something doing in the name of Southend Utd but I ain't paying for the priviledge.

The hospice needs a fortune to continue it's brilliant work and also there are plenty of jobs need doing, so it seems ideal to help and contribute as well.

Neither or both are compulsory -- it's voluntary , help if you want or don't. It's everyone's choice.
Having lost relations to cancer I will do all I can to help keep people's suffering to a minimum.

My friend's little girl is dying, at Little Havens is an absolute god send for him. I'll do as much as I can for little Hannah Windsor.

Paying

Like I said, I'm happy to help out with any working party if I can.
Little Havens is a place that should not have to exist as no child should have to suffer but alas they do and Little Havens do a brilliant job and Kens idea is a great idea to raise much needed funds and help out.
ive raised funds in the past and cant really see the problem with paying £25 so in the name of goodwill and the fact im 600 miles away i will pay the £25 for you Kay if you do the work.

Little Havens is a place that should not have to exist as no child should have to suffer but alas they do and Little Havens do a brilliant job and Kens idea is a great idea to raise much needed funds and help out.
ive raised funds in the past and cant really see the problem with paying £25 so in the name of goodwill and the fact im 600 miles away i will pay the £25 for you Kay if you do the work.

That's very kind of you, please understand everyone that this is more a case of principles. If the date is ok, then I'll be pleased to accept the offer to work on your behalf.

That's very kind of you, please understand everyone that this is more a case of principles. If the date is ok, then I'll be pleased to accept the offer to work on your behalf.

Tony , top man and Kay, I will add you to the list.

If anyone else wants to help but, for whatever reason, isn't in a position to contribute let me know as we will accomodate.

Obviously can't contribute as suggested, but Little Havens are very much in my thoughts as beneficiaries of 1/3 of the charity sponsorship I intend to raise when I cycle from Glasgow to Southend around the time that Fossetts Farm will be opening!

Last night I presented Hawkwell Blue (Nick) with a cheque for £300 that was generously donated by members of ShrimperZone in memory of his daughter Katie.

Ken presenting the chq to Nick before last Tuesday's game..

kenpresentingchqtonick.jpg

i would love to help out, my work doubles my contribution by the way. My wife and mother donate to little havens. was thinking about a sponsored walk to work.

See on the other thread for this you're talking about 14th June. Looks ok for me at the moment, but will confirm nearer the time. Assume more details will be given nearer the time. Any clues yet on what they will be wanting doing?

See on the other thread for this you're talking about 14th June. Looks ok for me at the moment, but will confirm nearer the time. Assume more details will be given nearer the time. Any clues yet on what they will be wanting doing?

Jobs include gardening, gardening , weeding and stuff.

Back