• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charity Gentleman's Evening 25th July

lake1986

Hello,

I'm organising a gents evening on Saturday 25th July at the Lamb & Lion pub, Station Road, Westcliff.

The night consists of a comedian and a couple of strippers, money raised is going to the Meningitis Now Charity

Tickets cost £15 each and are not available on the night. If anyone is interested in tickets feel free to send me a message on here. For every ticket sold from Shrimperzone i will donate £2 per ticket to the shrimperzone fund.

Regards

Aaron

we are planning to host a garden party if thats more your thing:winking:

I can't make it I'm afraid. Could someone who does go please post some pictures on here afterwards?

Mate, I mean this in the nicest possible way, you really can be a wet blanket from time to time.

You think that women taking their clothes off so a few sad old men can drool over them is entertainment? I think the charity involved may be a bit concerned where the money was raised, because its all so seedy, incredibly sexist and so very 1970s.

If that makes me a "wet blanket" then it's a badge I wear with pride.

You think that women taking their clothes off so a few sad old men can drool over them is entertainment? I think the charity involved may be a bit concerned where the money was raised, because its all so seedy, incredibly sexist and so very 1970s.

If that makes me a "wet blanket" then it's a badge I wear with pride.

It's not really my cup of tea tbh, but that doesn't mean I'm about to don my feminazi uniform & start crusading :thumbsup:

Also, I still can't work out how it's sexist?

If women or men want to earn money by stripping and people want to pay to view cant see the problem and if it helps raise a bit of money for charity then thats great.

Stripping is not sexist as such but if the set up is that the audience is 100% male then it is tacky at best. In recent years I have had female friends invite me to watch female strippers whereas ten years ago the invites were from men. Ten years ago there was no appeal.

Stripping is not sexist as such but if the set up is that the audience is 100% male then it is tacky at best. In recent years I have had female friends invite me to watch female strippers whereas ten years ago the invites were from men. Ten years ago there was no appeal.

Females are more then welcome to attend aswell!! And we are looking to hold a ladies night in the near future aswell

My football club do these with a comedian/compare and an ex pro after dinner speaker as well as strippers. It's hardly exploitative, the girls go around the tables selling raffle tickets and then do a little strip tease at the end. They aren't being letched at or anything like that, I think a lot of people are too quick to judge these things with no experience of them.

Back